1.6 Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    MMG Shamu UQ
    Suspension
    BB 15' straps

Lightbulb 3d Printed Hammock parts

Hey guys, fairly new to the forums, and I mostly lurk, but I was wondering if anyone has any good 3d models for gear to print with a 3d printer for use with hammocks.

I have seen a couple of knockoff copies of figure 9s and loopaliens(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:946933), but i dont really want to copy anybody elses work so much as come up with something either new or that can add additional value to a setup. Small plastic items seem like they would be perfect for use with securing an underquilt and there are obvious examples for sale on many cottage vendors websites right now. Let me know if you have any ideas or want to work on something that we could try and print. Thanks!

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    I've been fascinated with the idea of 3D printers since their introduction, but haven't ever had the chance to tinker with one or really look into the design that goes into making things.

I've been waiting on friends that keep talking about purchasing one, but no one has pulled the trigger.

There were a couple of ideas that I had that I've really wanted to work on eventually...

1) A new foot system for my Helinox Tactical Chair. I love this chair, but the small feet on it definitely present an issue with it sinking. There are commercial versions that look horrible or are outrageously priced, and I've purchased more Aliexpress trekking pole or cane tips trying to find something just right, but I haven't found one yet. Something similar to a trekking pole snow foot is what I had in mind.

2) Spreader bar bumpers for a bridge hammock. Although their need is debatable, if one were to come up with a great lightweight and decent looking design, I think it could provide peace of mind and prevent tarp rubbing. Specifically when used with Dutchware's titanium bridge end pieces, something that would cover the pole tip, yet not block the uq attachment antennae on it. I was toying with the idea of something similar to a chess Pawn piece, that had 3 clips spaced perfectly to slide over the ends of the bridge piece, yet was clip-less where the antennae protrudes on the hardware.

I think it's a great idea and I'm interested in seeing what other people may suggest.

Hammock
    1.6 Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    MMG Shamu UQ
    Suspension
    BB 15' straps
    I like the idea of the spreader bar bumpers. That could really be beneficial in extending the life of the gear. And I am not as familiar with that chair but when searching around I found several models of people making larger feet for helinox chairs.

I also want to print some parts as replacements for some of the dutch bling i have just to test out its breaking point. See if its realistic to put a fair amount of weight on it before it breaks. It will also be good to test in different temperatures to ensure it doesnt get too brittle in the cold. Hopefully we can get some additional input and I can try out some stuff.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    wowbagger (Dendronaut) is printing spreader bar tips. Not so much of an issue in the US, where you can order ready-to-use bridge hammock spreader bars from several shops, but maybe still interesting.

Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'll throw this out there. I'm not claiming credit as the idea came from a thread I saw here for a solution to create removable tarp tie outs. A guy basically had the idea to cut the ends off gatorade bottles ( the cap and the male end of the bottle ). You then put the male end under the tarp and screwed the cap on from the top sandwiching the tarp in between. The gatorade bottles had threads that weren't as aggressive and didn't seem to cause issues damaging fabric. you then looped your lines over the cap.

I'm not sure how difficult that might be to model, or even if it is worth pursuing?

Hammock
    Chameleon #8 '17
    Tarp
    Tarp got boo boo
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoops-n-Biners
    Quote Originally Posted by geneaut View Post
    I'll throw this out there. I'm not claiming credit as the idea came from a thread I saw here for a solution to create removable tarp tie outs. A guy basically had the idea to cut the ends off gatorade bottles ( the cap and the male end of the bottle ). You then put the male end under the tarp and screwed the cap on from the top sandwiching the tarp in between. The gatorade bottles had threads that weren't as aggressive and didn't seem to cause issues damaging fabric. you then looped your lines over the cap.

I'm not sure how difficult that might be to model, or even if it is worth pursuing?
    It would be pretty easy for anyone with CAD skills the CAD software has tools for threads/tapping.

I manage 3d printers also. Send me you designs, so that I may have free parts...
    Sup?

• + New Posts