Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

AL & Sipsey Wilderness/Bankhead Forest Group Hang

In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sharing my photos. Great weekend and thanks to everyone for welcoming Sheri and me and passing on some of your knowledge! Now that I know how to make whoopi slings, watch out!

DSCN0709.jpg DSCN0710.jpg DSCN0711.jpg DSCN0713.jpg DSCN0717.jpg DSCN0719.jpg

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Here is a few of the pictures I took

Supper Friday night

And the unofficial mascot of the hang
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Good time!

Those are some really great pictures, I'm glad you guys had fun on your hike. The picture of the windmill blades being on the ground makes me sad, not only for them not up and turning like they once was but all you guys that never got to see and climb the windmill tower back years ago. The coolest thing was to hear the windmill turn,most hikers never knew it exist and would ask what the hell is that noise. You could hear it even from across Sipsey, I have to say it got me twice, once I was going to stay the night in the cabin on a solo trip but that ungreased fan blade made the creepiest sound you have ever heard. The next time I was on the other side of Sipsey doing some exploring and I heard what sounded like someone pulling a squeaky cart going down the trail. It took me a little bit to figure it out because I had forgotten about the cabin being over there. I'm sure going to miss that old windmill. It was fun in all kind of different ways.

I had a great time at the hang, eat some of the best food I've ever eaten and meet some new friends and some of my old friends. I really enjoyed myself! Thanks
    Maybe next time softserve-cook can get some rest and not work the whole time. Thanks for helping the cook Capt. Kirk & Austin .
    Ashley I hope your feeling better soon and you and Wanda have a safe trip home.
    Thanks Waaaayne for the tarp tie outs!

This coming winter hang in Sipsey I'll take guys back to finish our tour of the biggest bluff shelters in Bankhead.
    Thomas

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    I had a really good time also. this was my second hang and I'm already looking forward to the October hang. thanks to everyone for making this a great hang and thanks to soft serve cook for cooking. I could really use some more of those bacon wrapped tenderloins we had Friday night. looking forward to kirks video.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Pares from Sierra Madre Research
    Tarp
    Nubé from SMr
    Insulation
    SMrWinter Barrier
    Suspension
    EZ Slings
    Had a blast! I wrote up a short blog about the hang if anyone wants to check it out!
    https://www.sierramadreresearch.com/...spring-of-2017

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by ariel@sierramadreresearch View Post
    Had a blast! I wrote up a short blog about the hang if anyone wants to check it out!

Nice write up.

- eric
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    Those are some really great pictures, I'm glad you guys had fun on your hike. The picture of the windmill blades being on the ground makes me sad, not only for them not up and turning like they once was but all you guys that never got to see and climb the windmill tower back years ago. The coolest thing was to hear the windmill turn,most hikers never knew it exist and would ask what the hell is that noise. You could hear it even from across Sipsey, I have to say it got me twice, once I was going to stay the night in the cabin on a solo trip but that ungreased fan blade made the creepiest sound you have ever heard. The next time I was on the other side of Sipsey doing some exploring and I heard what sounded like someone pulling a squeaky cart going down the trail. It took me a little bit to figure it out because I had forgotten about the cabin being over there. I'm sure going to miss that old windmill. It was fun in all kind of different ways.

I had a great time at the hang, eat some of the best food I've ever eaten and meet some new friends and some of my old friends. I really enjoyed myself! Thanks
    Maybe next time softserve-cook can get some rest and not work the whole time. Thanks for helping the cook Capt. Kirk & Austin .
    Ashley I hope your feeling better soon and you and Wanda have a safe trip home.
    Thanks Waaaayne for the tarp tie outs!

This coming winter hang in Sipsey I'll take guys back to finish our tour of the biggest bluff shelters in Bankhead.
    Thomas
    I've never eaten better at a primitive campsite! Garrett and Kirk really delivered on the meals. I can't thank y'all enough.

We had a great time on our hike, and I did something I've wanted to do for a long time: jump in Valentine Pool!

Yes, I miss that squeaky, creaky windmill too. You can still climb the tower if you like, it's still standing. Hope to make the bluff shelter tour.

Quote Originally Posted by ariel@sierramadreresearch View Post
    Thanks for the write-up. Sorry about the puppy kisses! I'm glad y'all came and hope to see you again.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Next Sipsey hang

image.jpg Years ago picture of windmill
    Dale we can finish the Tour of the bluff shelters, the Petroglyphs for Ashley and for our #2 lady hanger Scooby Doo falls
    We will be busy on this next winter hang!
    Last edited by Bankheadboy; 04-12-2017 at 17:47. Reason: Forgot

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast