Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Yes, it is a marketing tactic. Are they making a dubious claim? Of course. Nobody in their right mind truly believes that Kammock pioneered hammock camping. That said, I welcome companies such as ENO, Grand Trunk, and Kammock to create widespread awareness for hammock camping; because in the end, more folks hanging mean more will likely end up supporting a cottage vendor somewhere down the road (this was my path, and I suspect others' as well). And this flow of business to cottage vendors will help them to continually test and release innovative products which benefit everybody.

I read a lot of reviews of products I want to use and find that most reviews are written by a writer without knowledge of the subject and unwilling to do the research to learn about it. OK iot's fluff and yes I've done a few of these about local businesses or something, but it did fill a few inches and hopefully promoted future advertising. I would never review a product without actually using it however.

Bob

Hammock
    ENO JungleNest/WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Ember 2/EE Convert
    Suspension
    Orange Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Yes, it is a marketing tactic. Are they making a dubious claim? Of course. Nobody in their right mind truly believes that Kammock pioneered hammock camping. That said, I welcome companies such as ENO, Grand Trunk, and Kammock to create widespread awareness for hammock camping; because in the end, more folks hanging mean more will likely end up supporting a cottage vendor somewhere down the road (this was my path, and I suspect others' as well). And this flow of business to cottage vendors will help them to continually test and release innovative products which benefit everybody.
    You make a very good point. I was brought here by my first hammock and tarp from ENO. I now own gear from Enlightened Equipment, Wilderness Logics, Yukon Outfitters, Mountain Goat, and of course lots of Dutch bling. So in a way, I am also thankful for that awareness.
    Tree Rhino
    YouTube Channel-------------Website
    Twitter------Instagram------Facebook
    not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
    an optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123