Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

UQ with Dutch Summer Sock

I bought a dutch summer sock for my dutch netless to add a bugnet to my hammock.

I'm shopping UQs now and was wondering if this summer sock (has a integrated UQ protector / wind block) helps with retaining heat. I camp mostly in Florida where it is already hot and am debating a short full length UQ or a partial like a Phoenix.

My thoughts are the bottom of the summer sock is solid fabric which should help block some wind. With a 3/4 UQ and the summer sock, I may not need a pad or insulation for my feet.

Does anyone have experience with this summer sock or something similar I can get advice on?

Thanks

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    if you watch Dutch's product video on his website he specifically states the bottom of the summer sock is designed to offer underquilt protection.

I personally don't use a foot pad in the summer with my 3/4 length Phoenix. If it's cold enough to use a foot pad (mid 30's) I bring my full length 20 degree Incubator.

You will be quite toasty in Florida summer using a sock. I seriously doubt you would feel like using a footpad. You will probably be thankful for every bit of cool breeze you can get underneath. I like my bottom entry bugnet from Dutch (formerly known as Fronkey-style bugnet). It allows a great deal of breathability and much easier in/out than what the sock appears to have.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    if you watch Dutch's product video on his website he specifically states the bottom of the summer sock is designed to offer underquilt protection.

I personally don't use a foot pad in the summer with my 3/4 length Phoenix. If it's cold enough to use a foot pad (mid 30's) I bring my full length 20 degree Incubator.

You will be quite toasty in Florida summer using a sock. I seriously doubt you would feel like using a footpad. You will probably be thankful for every bit of cool breeze you can get underneath. I like my bottom entry bugnet from Dutch (formerly known as Fronkey-style bugnet). It allows a great deal of breathability and much easier in/out than what the sock appears to have.

Thanks for the input! I'll be testing it out this weekend with pad.

• + New Posts