Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch

Snugpak Hammock Reviews

Hey Gang! I had the opportunity to review a couple hammocks from Snugpak this week…needless to say, they left a lot to be desired. This was a disappointment as I was really impressed with the Snugpak hammock blanket/top quilt I reviewed a few months ago. At only 9ft, both are really too short to be considered ‘camping hammocks’ and their price range puts them out of the running for a recreation hammock. The quality of the hammocks weren’t great either as one of the zippers was broke upon arrival and a few of the stitches seemed to be coming undone. Check out some of their other outdoor/hammock gear, but if you came here considering one of Snugpak’s hammocks I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Snugpak Tropical Hammock Review

Snugpak Jungle Hammock (w/bug net) Review

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    That's ashame, I've always had nothing but positive reviews of all my Snugpak gear. It seems that most if not all of the stuff that they produce in-house is top notch due to their government/military contracts, but some of the stuff that's made in Asia lacks in the Q.C department. Hammock length is a design issue , but the zipper and stitching problems are not acceptable. I do know that their customer service and marketing directors take the time to personally answer emails that deal with both design and quality issues. Maybe send Stewart Anderson ( [email protected]) their Marketing Manager an email and let him know your thoughts on the hammock length and what problems you had ? I recently got in touch with him to ask if they plan on fixing/redesigning the UQ suspension or the TQ and to share a few ideas i had. When I told him I had modified the suspension on my UQ, he asked for some pics to get a better understanding of what I was talking about. After I sent the pics and video I did on it, he emailed me back to ask if it was OK if he showed them around and maybe used my ideas for a redesign. I thought that was pretty cool. Even though they aren't a US cottage vendor, they are still a fairly small family run business that values their customers feed back. That sucks that you had such a bad experience with their stuff, but maybe if you get in contact with them they will make it right? At the very least I'm positive that they will listen to you and offer to fix the problems with the zipper and stitching at no cost. I have A LOT of their gear and have always had a positive outcome when I've contacted them. Thanks for the honest review, that's exactly what they want/need to hear so they can fix issues like that and make better products in the future. Good luck!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Thanks for the comment Chesapeake! I did the reviews for their US distributor, Proforce Equipment, and they made sure to pass on my concerns to Snugpak and their buyer. You are right about it being a shame...they really do put out great products, but these hammocks are being left in the dust.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I think Snugpak is sending me some gear to review for my YouTube channel, I hope they send a hammock so I can see these issues up close. Maybe if enough people let them know about the QC problems they will fix it.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts