WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkel View Post
    Thank you for your response!
    I did consider getting a full lenght underquilt, since really the only turn off i have had on my hammock is those **** pads. Problem with that is the one i want is coming from USA and could be very pricey to get it to Denmark. Seen a few others but they just dont seem as good, i dont know, maybe im wrong.

Despite the dream of bringing a hammock for the trip, it seems so hard to get everything in place for it to work.
    Cumulus has recently started selling underquilts: http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/ca...s/hammock-gear
    They're not as cutting edge as most of the underquilts sold by the US cottage industry, but they're a lot better than the stuff the large manufacturers sell. Plus Cumulus does custom work. If you want something shorter or wider, just ask. Chances are that they will try to do it. And the prices are good.

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Cumulus has recently started selling underquilts: http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/ca...s/hammock-gear
    They're not as cutting edge as most of the underquilts sold by the US cottage industry, but they're a lot better than the stuff the large manufacturers sell. Plus Cumulus does custom work. If you want something shorter or wider, just ask. Chances are that they will try to do it. And the prices are good.
    Wow i should consider that, the weigt, price and quality seems good. I will try to look more into those, thank you very much!

Images
    Google Earth for your route, find the trees.

Hammock
    WBBXL
    Tarp
    HG Standard
    Insulation
    Yeti/Diamond
    Suspension
    whoopies/buckles
    Images
    This one! I have a Warbonnet Yeti that has served me well at about 300g. If you carry a little net tent- mine is from Yama mountain gear, and a short inflatable pad, it is a cost of less than half a kilo for comfort on the ground or in shelters, with the actual comfort of a hammock with an underquilt. I hiked the Long Trail with a pad for the first part, and sent for my UQ after a week. It is a good thing to have.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I’ve had good luck hammocking on a bike tour (not nearly as long as yours) bringing a Tensa Solo — it’s not that heavy, and it would be very unusual not to find one tree. I sleep very poorly on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12