Hammock
    ENO Sub-7
    Insulation
    EE Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

An Everyday-Hammock in a Sandwich Baggie

I work nights, so I get to take my kids to the park most days. This is awesome. The kids love to play in it, or if they are busy, then I can chill out while they play. It's a win-win-win.

Weighs 10oz and fits in a basic sandwich ziploc baggie. I leave everything hooked together, so it's just wrapping straps around a tree. I can go from wearing my backpack to lying in a hammock in under a minute. No knots. No Fuss. And pretty kid-proof. Love it!

Eno Sub-7. Dutchware amsteel loop, titanium cinch buckles, and 12-ft dyneema tree straps with sewed-on Dutch clips. Light, fast, and quite comfortable for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LOTW131; 03-30-2017 at 14:12.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Cool, that is ultra light. A sub 9 foot hammock may not be real comfortable for many but you know what they say - HYOY!

Hammock
    ENO Sub-7
    Insulation
    EE Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I know that is the common feeling, but for me it works the other way around. I can't stand a lay that is too flat (back pain from laying too flat is what made me look into hammocking), and so I'm that strange minority that would take a Sub-7 over a full-sized Warbonnet any day of the week. The closed-in feeling doesn't bother me and is actually helpful, as it keeps me from rolling around too much into positions that will hurt my back. I toss and turn if I have room. But if I don't have room, I can't.

It's my choice for overnights as well, not just day lounging.

But that's kind of a sidetrack. I imagine a lot of folks might be interested in having a small setup for dayhikes, kids, etc. and I just want to show how it might look for people
    Last edited by LOTW131; 03-30-2017 at 14:44.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOTW131 View Post
    I know that is the common feeling, but for me it works the other way around. I can't stand a lay that is too flat (back pain from laying too flat is what made me look into hammocking), and so I'm that strange minority that would take a Sub-7 over a full-sized Warbonnet any day of the week. The closed-in feeling doesn't bother me and is actually helpful, as it keeps me from rolling around too much into positions that will hurt my back. I toss and turn if I have room. But if I don't have room, I can't.

But that's kind of a sidetrack. I imagine a lot of folks might be interested in having a small setup for dayhikes, kids, etc. and I just want to show how it might look for people
    My daughter has one of these and she really likes it. She keeps it in her glove box for those emergency hangs She tried my Warbonnet BlackBird XLC last night and didn't like it at all as she felt like it swallowed her. So you may not be in as much a minority as you might think.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Some people really enjoy the smaller hammocks. Upon seeing the images (before actually reading the equipment list), I almost thought that was a Terrapin Outfitters Hatchling. Another good choice for just lounging around, and it's good for kids as well as adults to sit in. Although that's just a hammock chair, still looks like a comfy sling.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Quote Originally Posted by LOTW131 View Post

You may be in the minority, but its a minority I'm jealous of, sort of like my youngest son who can sleep almost anywhere any time. I would love to be able to trade my 11 footer for something this size, if only....

Gotta love lightweight & kiss. I have a similar setup but weighs a bit more. I love it for quick naps while on my September elk hunts.

BP

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    11' HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix + EE Rev
    Suspension
    WS+Soft Shackle
    Images
    Kits like this make me want to EDC a hammock setup. With straps like hummingbird's that'd definitely be "pocket sized."
    The want of wandering, and a welcomed whimsy.

• + New Posts