Best fabric for outdoor/car camping hammock

I'm wanting to make a hammock for my uncle to use at his cabin and occasionally potentially when he goes car camping. It needs to be a heavy duty fabric and have good uv resistance as it's unlikely he'll take it down unless weather or wind necessitate it. Weight is of no consequence. Tear and scratch/poking resistance is needed. His dogs may get into the hammock with him. What has everyone found meets their needs under these circumstances. I'll be using 1/8" continuous loops and carabiners and Dutch webbing to suspend it. Let me know what your ideas are for fabric. Thanks for the help.

Hammock
    DIY TierGear Netless
    Tarp
    DIY canvas 20by20
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Webbing
    Hi,
    I am making a car camping hammock that I can also uses at the weekend cabin that can take me and one of my dogs. Military apparel fabric is what I will be using. Here is Australia we have thicker fabric for the military trousers and thinner fabric for the shirts. I am using the thicker military trousers fabric as it is really tough fabric, breathes well and is soft on the skin. I use military material a lot because of the good quality and you can get it for peanuts if you don't mind slight blemishes in the camouflage dye. Tiny Blemishes in the fabric dye is not acceptable to the military but I don't care as long as the fabric strength is not compromised. Here the military has a bulk fabric order in tens of tons. The local Australian fabric manufacturer always produces a few tons extra in case some is not perfect. The blemished material or the over supply is sold to a minor fabric wholesaler by the ton. Ordering blemished fabric from the minor fabric supplier is what I do here in Australia. It is really inexpensive. Buying military fabric made locally is a good idea as the military normally insists on quality hardy fabric. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    DIY TierGear Netless
    Tarp
    DIY canvas 20by20
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Webbing
    Hi,
    I am making a car camping hammock that I can also uses at the weekend cabin that can take me and one of my dogs. Military apparel fabric is what I will be using. Here is Australia we have thicker fabric for the military trousers and thinner fabric for the shirts. I am using the thicker military trousers fabric as it is really tough fabric, breathes well and is soft on the skin. I use military material a lot because of the good quality and you can get it for peanuts if you don't mind slight blemishes in the camouflage dye. Tiny Blemishes in the fabric dye is not acceptable to the military but I don't care as long as the fabric strength is not compromised. Here the military has a bulk fabric order in tens of tons. The local Australian fabric manufacturer always produces a few tons extra in case some is not perfect. The blemished material or the over supply is sold to a minor fabric wholesaler by the ton. Ordering blemished fabric from the minor fabric supplier is what I do here in Australia. It is really inexpensive. Buying military fabric made locally is a good idea as the military normally insists on quality hardy fabric. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    Experimental Hammocks
    Look into Cordura fabric. That stuff is super tough although somewhat pricey.

Although I have not used it personally myself, 420D Robic from RBTR, might also be another option. You can always get a sample from them
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/products/420d-robic
    Owner at Experimental Hammocks
    http://www.experimentalhammocks.com/
    Designer for Ripstop by the Roll
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/designer-carterjw

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    You could also go with heavyweight canvas. Waxed if you want something really durable. They make tents from that stuff... lasts for years..

http://www.bigduckcanvas.com/canvas-...s-teepees.html
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

• + New Posts