Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sagamore View Post
    Thanks, dakotaross, for that explanation, which makes a lot of sense.
    And thanks, GillyGilligan, for pointing me to JacobAllison's spreadsheet. I had seen it long ago and will now bookmark it.
    Such an amazing source of information on HF. Many thanks!
    Glad to help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Robic 1.0 - made by friend
    Tarp
    WL OMW/Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WL UQ/EE Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    No experience with UGQ but my wilderness logics underquilt has been great and the service was excellent. I really can't believe how fast they were able to get me a custom underquilt. I've used it multiple times in the upper 20's to low 30's and haven't been cold so I'm happy

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rboles View Post
    No experience with UGQ but my wilderness logics underquilt has been great and the service was excellent. I really can't believe how fast they were able to get me a custom underquilt. I've used it multiple times in the upper 20's to low 30's and haven't been cold so I'm happy
    Definitely feel like "I can't go wrong" with either choice but I want to go exactly right and I don't think this can be done until I actually get product in my hand and play with it.
    Thanks for your "2 cents" - this community rocks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time

I had a WL UQ and sold it. Suspension wasn't the best, and whoever above said it was kinda fiddly was right. Also the only benefit of 900 fp down, weight savings, is wasted when you then use less weight efficient materials for the rest of the construction. IMO, the HG econ line is the best buy currently available on the market unless shaving those few extra ounces is really important to you . . . which if you're honest with yourself, $100+ for 3-5 oz might not be worth it.

Hammock
    Dutchware Gear Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    I have an Wilderness Logics 20 degree full length under quilt and I'm very happy with it. I was looking at options from other vendors, and found weight and price were all very competitive. I ultimately went with WL because I already had a summer top quilt from them (bought used), Marty was very prompt in all replies, and turn around was days compared to weeks. I also have a UGQ top quilt that is great, so really can't go wrong with them either.

Hammock
    DH- Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG 20, UGQ Zep. 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I think when you are selecting an underquilt from any of these cottage vendors it all comes down to small personal preferences. I personally have a 20 degree Zeppelin from UGQ that you couldn't pry from my dead fingers, but I also have a HG top quilt, Loco Libre synthetic UQ, and a new Econ HG underquilt on the way. The Zeppelin was my first underquilt because I liked the underquilt hook mod that was available that worked with my Dream hammock. I wouldn't be afraid to purchase gear from any of the vendors listed on this forum. The wait is the hardest part.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC0109 View Post
    I have an Wilderness Logics 20 degree full length under quilt and I'm very happy with it. I was looking at options from other vendors, and found weight and price were all very competitive. I ultimately went with WL because I already had a summer top quilt from them (bought used), Marty was very prompt in all replies, and turn around was days compared to weeks. I also have a UGQ top quilt that is great, so really can't go wrong with them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamudd View Post
    I had a WL UQ and sold it. Suspension wasn't the best, and whoever above said it was kinda fiddly was right. Also the only benefit of 900 fp down, weight savings, is wasted when you then use less weight efficient materials for the rest of the construction. IMO, the HG econ line is the best buy currently available on the market unless shaving those few extra ounces is really important to you . . . which if you're honest with yourself, $100+ for 3-5 oz might not be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeslinger View Post
    I think when you are selecting an underquilt from any of these cottage vendors it all comes down to small personal preferences. I personally have a 20 degree Zeppelin from UGQ that you couldn't pry from my dead fingers, but I also have a HG top quilt, Loco Libre synthetic UQ, and a new Econ HG underquilt on the way. The Zeppelin was my first underquilt because I liked the underquilt hook mod that was available that worked with my Dream hammock. I wouldn't be afraid to purchase gear from any of the vendors listed on this forum. The wait is the hardest part.
    Well Put Bladeslinger - - I feel the hard part here is to put your hands on the product to see what those personal preferences are going to be. I had some great advice about spending some coin and renting one of the zepplins from UnderGround Quilts. Great advice just wish that some of the other cottage vendors did this practice.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

Smile

Confirmation.JPG
    Well I pulled the trigger and went with the 20* Zepplin - Shipping confirmed. Wait is killing me, but should be here by this weekend it looks like.
    Paul & Missy Thank you. Terribly sorry for your loss though.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Confirmation.JPG
    Well I pulled the trigger and went with the 20* Zepplin - Shipping confirmed. Wait is killing me, but should be here by this weekend it looks like.
    Paul & Missy Thank you. Terribly sorry for your loss though.

You have chose wisely my son (Indiana Jones quote), but really, i'm sure your gonna be more than happy and once the wait is over you'll see that it was well worth it.
    UGQ makes gear that i'm sure you will be glad that it's a part of your kit, Please post some pictures of it if you can and your honest thoughts on it would be apreciated as well.
    Enjoy your new Zepplin, your days of a cold backsides are soon to be a thing of the past!!..

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    You have chose wisely my son (Indiana Jones quote), but really, i'm sure your gonna be more than happy and once the wait is over you'll see that it was well worth it.
    UGQ makes gear that i'm sure you will be glad that it's a part of your kit, Please post some pictures of it if you can and your honest thoughts on it would be apreciated as well.
    Enjoy your new Zepplin, your days of a cold backsides are soon to be a thing of the past!!..
    Zilla THANKYOU!! Paul and Missy should hire you. I have to laugh a bit at myself - all of us get caught up in a desire to purchase and have our things as quickly as possible - most of us forget (certainly I did) that in order for our cottage vendors to make this happen, they have to invest heavily in Overhead (pre-made stock gear).
    I say laugh because I was initially looking at one of 2 vendors - UGQ and Wilderness Logics. Then along comes this incredible deal from Hammock Gear. Well I am laughing a bit because it looks like they all got swamped. Hammock Gear looks like they ran out of stock - and the fulfillment time turned out to be within days of each other (see the hammock gear postings but my wait turned out to be 5 Weeks and will be just days longer than Hammock Gear). 5 Weeks is a long time to wait, but for custom gear?Worth it!

Paul and Missy if you are reading this My Condolences.

But I certainly will post updates as well as video as I am sure I will probably hang the underquilt the very night I get it and sleep in it.

Thank you very much!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast