Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Holy Cow I watched your video on the Tarps - pretty cool!! I have seen gear out there $100 cheaper like Hammock Gear's economy line and the synthetics are quite a bit cheaper but.....Down is king for a reason --->It works better for the weight you are packing and typically tends to stand up for longer - I am willing to spend extra for a "heirloom" quality piece that can grow with me. Again much thanks for your time and your opinion. Can't say this enough but this community rocks. Ya'll help me design and build my first hammock which is awesome (just really heavy). I have a tutorial on how I did everything from the hammock to the suspension up in the articles secion - "DIY two tone Hammock" and I believe in my gallery I have additional photo's of this project. I am very newly converted to hanging but caught the bug hard - Here is a link to my first project - I call it the stinger model only for the coloring - this has the pictures but the article has the updated tutorial;

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...37#post1671637
    Thanks for the link, i will have to check it out.
    When we first really got into hammock camping we diyed alot of our own gear but i do not have the eyes for it anymore and the wife does not have the time, besides after we got our first real cottage vender hammock (Dream Hammock ) and seen the differance in quality, same with our quilts (UGQ) we decided it was better to let the pros do it for us, the gear is sooo much nicer and will most likely hold up better and longer, besides that if i get tired of our quilts and want new ones the resale value on UGQ gear is amazing, same with Dream Hammock!
    Hope i helped you out, let us know what you decide, you allready know the way i would go!!

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps

Experience needed with Underground Quilts and Wilderness Logics

If you're looking to buy 800 fill power down quilts you may as well buy the Hammock Gear Econ quilts. The quality is top-notch with all the usual adjectives that people like to ascribe to great vendors, etc.

Nothing against UGQ, but since this is the general insulation forum it is relevant to discuss options you may not have thought about. You'll pay $80 more for the equivalent zeppelin with no appreciable difference in quality. Of course the HG Econ color options are limited so that by itself may be worth the extra $80 and twice the wait time for you. Only you know what your value point is.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    If you're looking to buy 800 fill power down quilts you may as well buy the Hammock Gear Econ quilts. The quality is top-notch with all the usual adjectives that people like to ascribe to great vendors, etc.

Nothing against UGQ, but since this is the general insulation forum it is relevant to discuss options you may not have thought about. You'll pay $80 more for the equivalent zeppelin with no appreciable difference in quality. Of course the HG Econ color options are limited so that by itself may be worth the extra $80 and twice the wait time for you. Only you know what your value point is.
    Very Valid Conisderation. Thank you sir.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 HyperD knotty mod
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Well , counting the overnights spent in the back yard i would have to say around 35 to 40 nights sleep in it.
    As far as design issues i haven't found anything that i dont like, it does what it is made to do perfectly, to be honest when i first got my Zepplin i was amazed at how easy it was to get set up and dialed in, it really is a nice quilt and definitly worth the wait.
    If you have something special coming up and need the quilt in a hurry talk to Paul and sometimes he can help out with things like that.
    One time we ordered the wrong color and it weas clearly our fault and we contacted him and we had a new uq in less than a week and it wasn't even thier fault, that's great customer service.
    One last note, they are building quilts not only in standard colors but in alot of ripstopbytheroll's new printed fabrics, some of these are down right BEAUTIFUL
    Here is my wife's Zepplin
    Omg that's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

Lightbulb This could change the ball game

So here are a few updates........I was told to give Hammock Gear a shot as they have probably one of the best values on the market period. Take a gander at this;
    HammockGearEcon.jpg
    #1 Price is definitely Right
    #2 Customer service on the other hand......I have called and left a message about a question I had but no body returned my call and to be fair I found these guys first (Called them Back on 3/22 or so and have had no response, so I emailed today and will see if they reply - Also in fairness I called Underground Quilts and got no response but did get an email back right away.
    #3 depending on if I get a response this most likely will be who I choose as their product is about $150 more affordably priced, however as I stated from the get go Customer Service is really what drives me. I feel like if a company is true to their customers, I will pay for this bond.
    Small company's are great but can sometimes get overwhelmed. Anybody have any experience with these guys?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    In fairness, I would venture a guess that Hammock Gear is probably one of the busiest vendors right now, and may not be quite as expedient in their replies as they'd like to be. While I have not had the experience of purchasing anything from them yet, they have responded to my questions rather quickly. I have read that others have been quite happy with their service. That said, you probably can't go wrong with either HG or UGQ.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Also in fairness I called Underground Quilts and got no response but did get an email back right away.
    Did you leave a message? We can not always answer the phone immediately, if we are in the middle of a task that required our attention it will roll over to voice mail. I try to return ALL calls the same business day.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dream Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    HG's customer service and quality is A+. They have always responded to me same day when I asked questions via email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    In fairness, I would venture a guess that Hammock Gear is probably one of the busiest vendors right now, and may not be quite as expedient in their replies as they'd like to be. While I have not had the experience of purchasing anything from them yet, they have responded to my questions rather quickly. I have read that others have been quite happy with their service. That said, you probably can't go wrong with either HG or UGQ.
    rweb82 - - That is Fair, however, I believe that the same increase in volume is being felt by most of the dealers - HG probably the most due to the price. Again challenges will either be met or not and this is my yardstick. Small businesses will find a way to grow and meet those or not. Large businesses will find a way to reconnect with their customer base or not...
    We shall see

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Paul I did but you guys got me an email as well thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast