I'm no Dr. and my experience may not mean a darned thing. I have no clue if this would help you or not, but it probably can't hurt.

I used to get leg cramps (charley horses) so bad they'd hurt for the whole following week. Yeah, it was like being simultaneously clamped in a vise and repeatedly stabbed with a knife. A few years ago I started taking magnesium for other reasons, and one of the benefits just happens to be that I no longer get cramps.

It's been said by those far more knowledgeable than me that almost all of us are very much deficient in magnesium. Apparently the top soil that crops are grown in is becoming depleted of this mineral. There are many ways to get magnesium into your system, both internal and external, you just have to find which works best for you. For example, I originally took mag citrate (Natural Calm powder) eventually switching to mag gluconate (capsules). After a few months the cramps started again so I switched back to citrate. No more cramps. This is not an overnight cure, it can take months for your body to replenish to the proper level as I believe it can only absorb so much at a time.

A lot of folks use mag oil that they apply to the skin inside the elbows or knees. I've never tried it, but this could be a good solution for those who might suffer with intestinal distress from the internal methods. Soaking in epsoms salt or sea water are also supposed to be helpful.

Good luck.