Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images

Thumbs up Above and Beyond - Loco Libre

For those not interested in doing much reading, here is the short of it: I got an under quilt from Loco Libre, it didn't meet my expectations for performance, so George took time to work thru it with me, and in the end made me a brand new quilt with 2oz of down overfill! I cannot recommend Loco Libre enough for any future insulation needs.

For those who don't mind a bit of reading.... ->

Many people here on Hammock Forums love our cottage vendors. The usual reasons are solid products, good price points, and top notch customer service. Loco Libre ticks all these marks, but I feel convicted to boast of Mr. George Carr's commitment to that last virtue.

I recently ordered a Habenero UQ from LL, a 50" long 20* version. Up to the point when I ordered this UQ, I have always just gotten by on my DIY UQs, and combining multiple UQs if the temps dropped below 40*. So, I was really looking forward to a professional quality quilt that could get me comfortably to freezing without having to deal with all the fiddly-ness and inefficiencies of layering and jerry-rigging multiple quilts together.

First off, the quilt I initially got from Loco Libre was great. Clean stitch lines, full custom materials and colors, just what I was looking for. It fit my DIY Hexon rig very well.

However, when I got the chance to use it in some colder temps, I started to experience the dreaded Cold Butt Syndrome. I noticed chilly buns once the temps hit 35* or so. So, I shot George a quick e-mail, asking for tips. I also went back thru and watched Shug's videos on UQs, adjustments, etc. George responded quickly and had a few ideas of how to adjust the UQ better. I went thru everything: changed the primary suspension length (made it longer, made it shorter), adjusted the end cinches tighter and looser, made sure to get the draft collars in the right spots, I even took a good number of videos of myself in the hammock with the UQ on so I could see that it was properly adjusted when it was occupied.

All this, and I still got the CBS at around 35* or so. So I messaged George again (as he had asked me to) and he insisted that I ship the quilt in for him to look at.

At this point, I was fairly convinced that all my time dinking around with my DIY UQs meant that I just didn't know how to use a quality, well made, underquilt built by a truly skilled craftsman. But, I was extremely grateful for the help. This alone would have been sufficient for me to write a glowing recommendation for Loco Libre.

However, last week, I received an e-mail from George. He said that he had made an entirely new UQ for me and was shipping it out! Not only that, but he decided to throw in an extra 2oz of overfill! I am a bit staggered by his level of service and commitment. I wish there was something I could do to show my appreciation beyond a few words and the plan to make future purchases.

Basically, George at Loco Libre goes above and beyond the level of customer service I expected, is responsive to questions, is generous with his time, and goes not just one extra mile, but several extra miles to make sure you have a good experience.

I cannot recommend Loco Libre Gear enough.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    As you've witnessed, you'll be hard pressed to meet a more stand up guy than George. He, like most of our cottage vendors, go above and beyond to make happy customers and happy customers are typically repeat customers. I'm glad this worked out for you. Now get out there and hang-on.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Many of the cottage vendors you'd find here are like this. George/LL is certainly one of the best, no doubt. Love my Serrano!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Whipper - 10ft NylonD
    Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images
    I can't wait to snuggle in that downy goodness! It is supposed to arrive today.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    AWESOME!

Can't wait for my UQ too!

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I appreciate that Matt!

Couldn't really find a problem, but I didn't feel right just sending it back and saying, "oh well". Sometimes it's hard to diagnose a problem that's thousands of miles away. Sometimes it's just one little tweek, and sometimes not so much. At least this way we'll know if you're a cold sleeper or not. I even let me daughter make this one just in case the old man's losing his touch I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks for the story - I'm glad you had a great experience. Customer service wins every time.

Hammock
    Whipper - 10ft NylonD
    Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images
    George; you bet!

Your daughter did a great job stitching this guy up.

A friend liked it so much, they plan to buy the exact same one down to a 't'.

• + New Posts