DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Being a non-hammock guy in background... I'm never quite sure what folks are thinking when they say Fronkey style in terms of make your own gear. Some use it as a generic term for a bottom entry bug net... some use it for any bug net... some for any net without a zippered entry. But from a design perspective... you won't get a Fronkey Pattern to fit a bridge unless it's really sloppy. So for most- call it a fronkey style net. But for you... I use that term with hesitation lest I steer you too far off course.
    I'm definitely in the "Bottom Entry" removable camp when I say "Fronkey" style bug net. They are my preference when I use a gathered end hammock (typically when hiking). My Bridges are used mostly for car or motorcycle camping where weight is not an issue.

I was thinking a bug net designed similarly to a spindrift but made out of noseeum might be an option for my "Big Guy" bridge. I don't like zippers to this is not my design choice. The "Hair-net" design I was playing with was more focused at "light weight hiking Bridges" (closer to Grizz's original dimensions ) where using less material resulted in a more back-packing friendly solution. The partial design Grizz showed is a lighter solution but doesn't offer a guaranteed "no bite" solution.

I'm interested in seeing where you go with your design, it looks promising especially for the larger bridge designs.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bic View Post
    looks good for nice weather, but with it covering the entire suspension triangle wont it get wet in rain and then transfer that wetness to the hammock?
    Not with the right tarp... forgive the pics the lighting in my shop is bad.
    With the system I'm working on there are a few redundancies for water breaks even if you had a run down the straps...and in real bad rain I'd be buttoned up on each end.

IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4274.jpg

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I'm not sure what the RR it your design is apex to apex?
    The recessed bar bridges tend to be tighter and more compact so even this monster is 11'6" or so all stretched out for maximum lift. As it's hanging it's 11' from biner to biner so fits under a 12' tarp just fine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12