sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie

Townsend luxury bridge NET

The perfect hammock sleep system is complete. I have never been so please with a hammock system. They have always been a compromise for me. Most hammocks where nothing more than better than a tent till now. I want to sleep in my bridge, it is so comfortable. I have 10 or so nights in the bridge, but weather here in Florida has warmed up and drove me indoors due to bugs. The net completes the perfect hammock. IMG_0473.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congrats on the "perfect" hammock. A bad night in the air is always better than a good night on the ground. Hang-On.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    IMG_0244.jpg

Looking comfy...you got the early bird...you're the furthest south, lol.
    Hopefully your fellow testers will be just as pleased!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark8408 View Post
    The perfect hammock sleep system is complete. I have never been so please with a hammock system. They have always been a compromise for me. Most hammocks where nothing more than better than a tent till now. I want to sleep in my bridge, it is so comfortable. I have 10 or so nights in the bridge, but weather here in Florida has warmed up and drove me indoors due to bugs. The net completes the perfect hammock. IMG_0473.jpg
    Is that a Fronkey style bug net for a Bridge?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Is that a Fronkey style bug net for a Bridge?
    For my Big Guy/luxury bridge yes.
    Mark is my very first tester...so he got a bug net even before I did, lol.

Got a few upgrades... It actually might hang a bit funky though on an Ariel size though. I want to say I have a 9'6" RL on my medium bridge? Ariel is close to that...I could possibly scale it down.

The ridge line on the Luxury Bridge is about 11" 6" average .. but the bridges have an ARL so the bug net has some stetch elastic in it to compensate for each users preferences. Solving that (and avoiding a saggy net for folks at the low end) took a thought or two...but mainly a lot of beers.

The hem has button holes in the channels and adjusts at the middle, so ifn a big fella (or just somebody who liked things conveniently placed) sat I the bridge they could close it up after they got in. Or more accurately, open it up so they didn't need to win a limbo contest to enter. The "cord" is a big loop with only partial shock cord in it. It's sized so you can adjust a bit for your hang or UQ thickness but there is not a ton of "play" or 647 feet of shock cord to pull before it's tight. I. My limited tests the slack didn't even touch the ground.

So...I'd like to think it's something new but it's "Just a Bug Net" Luxury size.

That said...we'll let the testers tell me if it's good or not, lol. Appreciate Mark posting but this design is hot off the line and not set in stone yet. Came in about 8.5 ounces average...not too shabby for what it is. That's in .67 mesh from RBTR.

Got some prototype tarps done for that monster...but back to Primaloft Gold top quilts fer a bit...them AT hikers are getting started and the big guys are all soundly testing in their beds.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    IMG_4208.jpg
    IMG_4209.jpg

Two I had handy

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    The net works extremely well. It is way up off your face. Easy to get in and out and doesn't interfere with quilts.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    For my Big Guy/luxury bridge yes.

That said...we'll let the testers tell me if it's good or not, lol. Appreciate Mark posting but this design is hot off the line and not set in stone yet. Came in about 8.5 ounces average...not too shabby for what it is. That's in .67 mesh from RBTR.
    Thanks Bill, I've been experimenting with a "Hair Net" style bug net for a bridge but so far have not been as successful as I hoped. I was considering doing a Fronkey Style next.

I'm not a big fan of the attached zipper bug nets. They certainly work but I mostly camp in cooler locals where bugs are less of an issue.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Thanks Bill, I've been experimenting with a "Hair Net" style bug net for a bridge but so far have not been as successful as I hoped. I was considering doing a Fronkey Style next.

I'm not a big fan of the attached zipper bug nets. They certainly work but I mostly camp in cooler locals where bugs are less of an issue.
    The hair net bug net... brought to you buy the hanger with a shaved head... coming to a store near you in 2017!

I agree with you on the removable nets... being an UL guy... a head net was my personal choice. Or as we joke at the local hangs here in summer... "I'll see you guys later when it's cold enough out not to deal with this bug crap"

Integrated nets look slick... but they aren't for everyone or all seasons.

Being a non-hammock guy in background... I'm never quite sure what folks are thinking when they say Fronkey style in terms of make your own gear. Some use it as a generic term for a bottom entry bug net... some use it for any bug net... some for any net without a zippered entry. But from a design perspective... you won't get a Fronkey Pattern to fit a bridge unless it's really sloppy. So for most- call it a fronkey style net. But for you... I use that term with hesitation lest I steer you too far off course.

Without giving away too much... Think winter tarp with doors... go a bit longer than needed... and work your way back from there.
    At some point... once I can get going and hopefully establish myself as a vendor... I likely will give out/give back some of my patterns or offer them as kits through Kyle for MYOG folks.
    It does bug me some to hold back ideas and designs...but it bugs me too that there are people here who clone and sell designs too.

That said...
    I am debating an UL version that kinda fits your idea...
    Think the basic RL hung half net design of Grizz... a bit of how Brandon hangs his at the head end- but your hair net concept for the foot end. Gets it off your face, cuts down on the weight.
    The nice thing about this full version though- I can sit up in my luxury bridge- so I could actually get dressed or eat a meal comfortably in this full net. The UL version not likely... but the point being... even with a full blown net on an Ariel sized bridge you probably can't hang out inside it so I agree with Grizz's minimal designs as you really aren't gaining much function unless you're in southern states and a full net with no sleeping gear is your typical night. So the full net makes sense though on the big guy/Luxury model because you can use it for more than just bug free sleeping.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    looks good for nice weather, but with it covering the entire suspension triangle wont it get wet in rain and then transfer that wetness to the hammock?
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast