Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    The other point of view is that it's about the forum members, not the vendor, and I think it makes more sense to have a centralized place for members to discuss his stuff, because he has a lot of it and there's a lot of scattered threads. - The point is there is not "a lot" of threads, or what we think is enough for us to gather them all up and organize them.

I have been a forum mod and can respect the want to do what's easiest to moderate, but at the same time, it sounds like they are basing their decision on what the mods find "easy" instead of what the forum members want or what would be best. Which runs contrary to this forum's purpose IMO. - The decision is purely based on traffic numbers, as it always has been. We don't agree that there is enough of it for SLD yet to warrant an area to consolidate. That's all there is to it.

The world isn't going to end because of this either way but that's my two cents. I appreciate the mods' clear and open discussion of this. - And we appreciate everyone's feedback as well!
    My answers in Red. We will continue to evaluate SLD's topics, (and every other Vendor as well), going forward. If the time comes to round em' up, we shall do so. Have a great day everyone!

-Yukon

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    The decision is purely based on traffic numbers, as it always has been. We don't agree that there is enough of it for SLD yet to warrant an area to consolidate. That's all there is to it.
    To be clear, I don't care if SLD gets a subforum or not. Or anyone for that matter.

Regardless, it's hard to brush away the cognitive dissonance that is created when reading statements that subforum creation is simply based on number of threads and to hear mods talk about SLD having only 120 threads when LLG's subforum was created a few months ago with only 72 threads. (It's now up to 94).

Consistency in rule application always feels better regardless of whether we have a personal stake in it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    To be clear, I don't care if SLD gets a subforum or not. Or anyone for that matter.

Regardless, it's hard to brush away the cognitive dissonance that is created when reading statements that subforum creation is simply based on number of threads and to hear mods talk about SLD having only 120 threads when LLG's subforum was created a few months ago with only 72 threads. (It's now up to 94).

Consistency in rule application always feels better regardless of whether we have a personal stake in it or not.
    Fast forward 10 months later...lots of chatter on the forums about Jared, SLD and his products. Plus there's 2 threads that have organized the majority of related posts:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...F-Posts-9-9-16
    https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...7-16-to-2-9-18

Would it be possible for the mods to take another look at the possibility, so at least there's some organization and it's not spread all over? Thank you.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Dave,
    I look at it every month and yes there are more but many are just "good job" type of posts or they have multiple vendors. I have no doubt that if Jared posted here to answer questions and respond, his relevant post count would soar.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I think Jared's work ethic is such that he'd rather be hustling to get a customer's order on its way 5 minutes faster than checking HF to see if anybody has questions or comments about SLD. He doesn't toot his own horn.

I've had Jared make 2 things for me. Both essentially custom, very fast, very good, and quite cheap. I've heard the same thing from everybody who's dealt with him.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    LL, Katabatic Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I think Jared's work ethic is such that he'd rather be hustling to get a customer's order on its way 5 minutes faster than checking HF to see if anybody has questions or comments about SLD. He doesn't toot his own horn.

I've had Jared make 2 things for me. Both essentially custom, very fast, very good, and quite cheap. I've heard the same thing from everybody who's dealt with him.
    I would agree. I ordered a Trail Lair this afternoon and he emailed me it was shipping in the morning. Zoiks! That’s fast!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Yes let's do!

I'd kind of like to purchase a Streamliner. SLD is less than two miles away from me, I'd just like a little more user input. That would be a great place to find it.
    Streamliner is an amazing hammock so long as you allow a lot of sag in it. I own the armada of sld hammocks & these are my favorite & go to. Shorter distance between trees is also key when using with streamliner . The longer between trees the hammock begins to cause shoulder squeeze & limited diagonal lay. 13-15' between trees & good amount of sag & this hammock shines in comfort & simplicity!
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Yes let's do!

I'd kind of like to purchase a Streamliner. SLD is less than two miles away from me, I'd just like a little more user input. That would be a great place to find it.
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    +1 on a sub forum for Jared & SLD ! Amazing gear & service¡
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist