Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images

Warbonnet double zippered sock ?

On these pictures, one can see that the sock has its own tie outs (yellow guy lines) :

Are they meant to keep the sock in place, and prevent it from rotating like in this image ?

One can then imagine a sock that would stay fit even with two doors open, like the Spindrift would.

Could I ask Warbonnet for a custom sock with a zipper on each side ?

Feeling a little sorry to almost "monopolize" Warbonnet's section of the forum lately :/ I promise I'll calm down after this.
    Last edited by Rouskof; 03-24-2017 at 07:13.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    The tie outs will keep it from rotating and keep it spread out a little bit more to give you more room inside, and I've seen several people with double zippered socks so I'm sure they will do one for you if you contact them.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Waiting for the boss to check this out...

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    This looks like a picture of the old version of the sock with velcro openings. The design has changed; the current socks only have a tiny opening without velcro. The opening now is only about 4cm. You could tie the sock to a separate rope, but I don't know why you would want to if your hammock has a ridgeline. With the wider openings, the sock could move a bit towards the lowest point - but with the tiny openings, it can't really slip over the whipped hammock ends. I think there are still some split rings on the new version. I used to clip micro biners to the rings and to the hammock suspension, but skipped that step with the new version.

It sounds like you want to use the sock either with a Traveler or a non-Warbonnet no-net (since double doors don't make sense with a BB), so it might be good to know that the XL sock will only fit well with 10.5' hammocks, because that's what the XLC and the Traveler XL really are. The sock gets tight with hammocks that measure 11' from head end to foot end. If you use a pad, it's not an issue. But underquilts get squeezed a bit - especially the warmer ones.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    This looks like a picture of the old version of the sock with velcro openings. The design has changed; the current socks only have a tiny opening without velcro. The opening now is only about 4cm. You could tie the sock to a separate rope, but I don't know why you would want to if your hammock has a ridgeline. With the wider openings, the sock could move a bit towards the lowest point - but with the tiny openings, it can't really slip over the whipped hammock ends. I think there are still some split rings on the new version. I used to clip micro biners to the rings and to the hammock suspension, but skipped that step with the new version.

It sounds like you want to use the sock either with a Traveler or a non-Warbonnet no-net (since double doors don't make sense with a BB), so it might be good to know that the XL sock will only fit well with 10.5' hammocks, because that's what the XLC and the Traveler XL really are. The sock gets tight with hammocks that measure 11' from head end to foot end. If you use a pad, it's not an issue. But underquilts get squeezed a bit - especially the warmer ones.
    Oh, that socks !
    And what about the bug net ? Do you know if it has a larger opening, because there is no XL version.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    The Travel Net is too small to work with any larger hammock. The opening is not the problem - it's the length and depth. It's just right to fit the regular Traveler hammock. I don't know why WB doesn't make an XL version.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Well, the answer came by email, and Warbonnet wouldn't do a double zippered sock [EDIT : at the moment, because they are not doing too complicated custom work to keep short lead times. ]

[I just deleted my posts about the misunderstanding I had with Brandon on other custom requests I sent him, because they were irrelevant to the thread.]
    Last edited by Rouskof; 03-30-2017 at 03:43.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Really, did they say why not?
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    ...we're not so much a custom shop.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Images
    Rouskof, you should re-check your email, because I emailed you 8 days ago (march 21) about the Mamba and explained that yes, we could shave 3" off the top of one but we couldn't adjust it's width.

Ryan answered that one about the sock, and that is pretty much the case with more complicated custom stuff. We could probably actually do the double door Travel sock XL, but we would need to wait till we run another batch of them and looking at inventory it could be a couple months.

We try to keep alot of different items and versions in-stock, as a result lead times are pretty short on alot of our stuff, but not being able to do as much custom stuff is one of the trade-offs of having short lead times. I appologise but that's just how it is for us right now, we try to do simple mods that are easier to do and sometimes the harder stuff we have to pass on because we're on a fairly tight production schedule in order to keep the lead times down as much as we can.

Winter yeti's in color will be available as a stock item in a month or two most likely. As Ryan mentioned we could do one of those now as a custom build without too much trouble.

• + New Posts