Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    WB Buckles
    Just Bill, I checked out those links for the Anker products, and to my untechnical eye, those smaller units won't power a CPAP machine of any kind. Having said that, the Pilot Lite 12 I have does have a USB output port for simultaneous other device charging while using the DC output for my Z1, so it can kill two birds with one stone.

Images
    Bill I have the 1st generation unit and it does have an "Auto" mode on it..never used it, I run a constant pressure. I also got their 12 volt dc power cord that runs off a regular 12 volt dc battery. I do see they have a new "365" model out which is different from mine but they still show the standard unit also. They should be able to help with any questions you have about the difference between the units. It's really nice not to have to mess with my home unit when I want to go motorcycle camping or car camping, just grab it and go..Good luck on your quest for the right unit..
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I've been using an old Resmed Remstar Plus M Series without the humidifier. Works great using a Talent Cell 12v battery. But man is it heavy (2.5 Lbs approx) and adding the battery weight it really gets up there. I'm considering purchasing the Z2 (regular) for the weight savings and the fact it runs on 12v . Can someone who owns one give me an idea of battery consumption? I can only assume it would be less than the Resmed.

Any negative aspects of the machine I should be aware of?
    Got time to breath, you got time for music - Brisco Darlin

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Yukon/ChillGorilla
    Insulation
    Quilts or MSS
    Suspension
    Straps
    I looked into some of these smaller units - and man are they pricey! I think for the price, I'll just pack my ResMed AS 10 along for the ride.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    underquilt/topquil
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Any idea if the shelf on a Warbonnet hammock could hold a 6lb cpap kit?

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Thunderf
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle Buckl
    As far as keeping my mouth closed, I have been mouth taping for a while and it really works for me. No more dry mouth! I use Nexcare First Aid tape for sensitive skin. I put a 2" piece perpendicular to my mouth just below my nose cushion over my lips. I have also been looking at a O2 monitor that you sleep in. https://www.amazon.com/BodiMetrics-V...15&sr=8-28#Ask

Hi. I thought I would update my situation.

My Healthcare plan would not pay for a travel cpap however, they would buy me another Resmed Airsense 10.

The airsense10 is a 24v cpap so I bought it with the accessory cable that plugs into a 12v cigarette lighter/accessory outlet. with that cable I am able to use all my 12volts options that I still have for an old respironics m series. The cable converts 12v to 24v and it gets me past the proprietary power connector hurdle that the airsense 10 creates for you.

Also, the airsense 10 has a plastic sidecover available for purchase. It allows you to close up the cpap making it smaller if you want to remove the water tank.

The cable and sidecover were $172 canadian at time of purchase.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPlayer View Post
    I've been using an old Resmed Remstar Plus M Series without the humidifier. Works great using a Talent Cell 12v battery. But man is it heavy (2.5 Lbs approx) and adding the battery weight it really gets up there. I'm considering purchasing the Z2 (regular) for the weight savings and the fact it runs on 12v . Can someone who owns one give me an idea of battery consumption? I can only assume it would be less than the Resmed.

Any negative aspects of the machine I should be aware of?
    Hi Ollie,

I've had a Z2 CPAP about a month and have been getting around 18 or 19 hours using the medistrom battery like @Big E in post 117 above. My pressure setting is 9. Thinking of dialing it down to 7.5 and see how I do.

Pappy

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I bought a Z2 Auto about a month ago too, and have used it at home for about 10 nights or so, not with a battery though. Compared to the AirMini, they are about the same size and weight. I think the Z2 is MUCH quieter though, and I like the auto algorithm so far compared to the AirMini. It's hard to describe, but the Z2 seems to respond smoother than the AirMini; not sure how else to describe that.

The only battery I have is the Medistrom 24v for the AirMini, so I haven't been able to test battery usage yet.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Yukon/ChillGorilla
    Insulation
    Quilts or MSS
    Suspension
    Straps
    Circling back on this topic - for those of you using the Z2 - can it run off the Talentcell batteries? What sort of cable is required? I have a couple of the TalentCell batteries for my Airsense 10 and the required cables to use at home (my power outage backup system). I'd rather find a lighter solution to take into the woods with me, however. That AS10 is just a bit bigger than I'd like to pack.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast