Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    I thought I’d offer up my current travel setup. Very pleased with it. I haven’t exhausted the battery pack yet but I’ve got 2 full nights out if it and expect I’d get at least one more. The whole kit fits in a kid’s lunch box and comes in just under 5 pounds. Total cost came in around $600

HDM Z2 travel cpap
    Antigravity Batteries PS-45 powerstation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Nice! I've just been inspired to get this set up for my own use.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Here is my latest setup:

Resmed Air Mini with the TalentCell 24V battery. I purchased the cable that connects the battery to the AirMini from SleepRestfully.com - it is part # BPS-MINI-CAB-WHT AirMini Output Cable Only.

Battery:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cable:

https://www.sleeprestfully.com/AirMi...put-Cable-Only

This setup works awesomely. In a test run @ home it ran for 3 nights on a full charge and ran out on the 4th in the middle of the night. I think this is the absolute lightest setup that can be put together for a backpacking cpap kit (32.2 ounces with the case/bag I have it in).

My kit has come a LONG way from my Resmed S8 connected to a deep cell marine battery - yeah only used car camping or in the popup camper. Then moved on to the S8 or my Remstar Auto M connected to a 12V lithium ion multi-cell battery pack from cpapcharge.com so I could actually take it backpacking. That setup weighed in around 6 pounds. Finally gave up on hauling that into the backcountry and gave a shot at a dental appliance. It helps but makes for a rough restless night of not much sleep. I'll be using the above newly put together kit for now on. It is simply my 2 pound LUXURY item.
    Last edited by TNhunter; 05-28-2020 at 21:31.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
    I thought I’d offer up my current travel setup. Very pleased with it. I haven’t exhausted the battery pack yet but I’ve got 2 full nights out if it and expect I’d get at least one more. The whole kit fits in a kid’s lunch box and comes in just under 5 pounds.
    Love that idea of using the lunchbox. It had never occurred to me how useful that would be for a CPAP travel setup.

How do you like the Z2? I looked at those vs. the AirMini.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by TNhunter View Post
    Here is my latest setup:

Resmed Air Mini with the TalentCell 24V battery. I purchased the cable that connects the battery to the AirMini from SleepRestfully.com - it is part # BPS-MINI-CAB-WHT AirMini Output Cable Only.
    I have that battery saved in my list on Amazon for the eventual day when my Pilot-24 Lite battery bites the dust. Thanks for posting your usage report of it too, that helps a lot.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Love that idea of using the lunchbox. It had never occurred to me how useful that would be for a CPAP travel setup.

How do you like the Z2? I looked at those vs. the AirMini.
    I like the Z2 a lot. My every day home machine is a ResMed airsense 10 which I find to be extremely quiet. The Z2 is certainly louder but I don’t find it to be too loud. And I’m a very light sleeper. It comes with an inline “muffler” but I don’t find the need to use it. At the time of my purchase the Z2 was $300 cheaper than the air mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    It's a bit off topic. I'm a bike hammock camper. A battery solutions is very important for me, because I use some electric devices, like my bike navigator, MP3 player with radio, handy and Sony camera. I also want to have always sufficent power for other devices like my flashlight and my headlight.

My solution is very easy, but works very well. I have a Shimano DH-3N72 Dynamo Bicycle Hub on my front wheel. The hub is connected with the bike light and a Kemo USB-Charger M172N. The USB-Charger is further connected with a XTPower MP-10400 battery. My bike navigator has its own accu but is always connected with this battery. If my MP3 player, my handy or my Sony camera needs power then I connected it also directly with the battery over a second output interface. For loading the accus of my flashlight or my haeadligth I use an additional Varta Digital USB Charger.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
    I like the Z2 a lot. My every day home machine is a ResMed airsense 10 which I find to be extremely quiet. The Z2 is certainly louder but I don’t find it to be too loud. And I’m a very light sleeper. It comes with an inline “muffler” but I don’t find the need to use it. At the time of my purchase the Z2 was $300 cheaper than the air mini.
    Cheaper than the AirMini, and the Z2 runs on 12v too, which opens up a lot more possibilities for portable power vs. the AirMini 24v.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    WB Buckles
    I have a Z1 with integrated battery pack. It gets about 7 hours overnight so I am adding an AIM power station. I'll let you all know how this addition does. If it does not do well, I am going to send it back and get the newer, larger capacity integrated battery that is about twice the price of the AIM. We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    I have a Z1 with integrated battery pack. It gets about 7 hours overnight so I am adding an AIM power station. I'll let you all know how this addition does. If it does not do well, I am going to send it back and get the newer, larger capacity integrated battery that is about twice the price of the AIM. We will see...
    what is your gut telling you? will the Z1 live as long as an m series?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast