DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images

My Tripod/ Turtle dog / questions and concerns. 1 tripod higher than the other?

I知 about to get started on making a series of these stands for different purposes. I found a few features that like and will make my first one with wooden 2x2s and a gate hinge.
    What I noticed in all that I致e seen is that both tripods are the same height. Usually I like the foot end a foot higher than the head end to situate my mass centered in the hammock. Is there a reason why no one make one tripod lower than the other?

So this wooden version I値l make for car camping and on the beach, then when I understand the details better I値l make one lighter and more compact for my sea kayak.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Regardless of other considerations I'd maximize the height of the tripods with a generous footprint at the base for stability (it makes a difference) and use the connection between the hinge and the bar to adjust height at each end. I like a level bar a bit above head height if possible and use whoopies to set the lay on the hammock. There is a lot to say for keeping the height and length variable until you work out your system and lock down on a specific configuration. A loop of old school paracord (not dyneema, too slippery) with a four or five loop prussik will not slip on the bar from the hammock pulling inward and can be adjusted along the length of the bar as you change height.

• + New Posts