Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Images
    Billbillw
    If you don’t need a lighter battery for a while I agree with you to wait. The price has been coming down on the new technology batteries. It is a good bet that you will be wanting a new battery someday and with this in mind I give you this information. My friend had purchased batteries from ResMed several years ago. They had lost capacity and that is why he wanted new ones. I noted that the voltage out of his battery configuration would be lower than the led acid/car battery. I tested his CPAP on a voltage range that covered both what ResMed sell and what you have. The unit performed fine over almost all of the range. The CPAP shut off when the ResMed battery had about 6% of its usable energy left. Even though the ResMed battery did not deliver all of it energy that was the lightest configuration for the time it would run the CPAP. If you find batteries of that voltage on the market they will be referred to as 11.7 volt batteries.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    This conversation makes me want to try my DreamStation on 12v. I was reserving my 14yo machine as a camping solution, but it sounds like I may conserve battery by switching to a newer machine.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Soooo.....I just upped my game with my travel CPAP kit. It's a long story, but basically, I had some FSA money that needed to be used at the end of December. So I went for the whole kit: ResMed AirMini, ResMed P10 mask, Pilot-24 Lite CPAP Battery, AirMini DC Converter.

Admittedly, it's an expensive kit, but after 'testing' it a few times now, it all works beautifully. I haven't gone the distance with the battery yet, but I have 2 full nights on it, and 2 of the 4 capacity meter lights are still lit. I think I can probably get 3 nights for sure, maybe 4.

I haven't weighed the whole kit together yet, but it is WAY lighter than what I was doing before (ResMed AirSense 10 in travel mode, AirSense 10 DC converter, 2 portable jump starter battery packs with 12v adapter, 2 charging cords for the battery packs). The new kit also packs up WAY smaller than my previous stuff.

Now that I have the new system together, I'm not sure I need the AirMini DC converter. What I should have bought was the DC charger for the Pilot-24 Lite battery. I can charge the battery through the 12v outlet on my motorcycle while I ride during the day, and use the battery to power the CPAP at night. The Pilot-24 Lite battery also allows for pass-through charging, so I can charge the battery and power the CPAP at the same time.

If anyone is interested, I will get some individual/total kit weights and post them here. I may just do it anyway, so take that.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Soooo.....I just upped my game with my travel CPAP kit. It's a long story, but basically, I had some FSA money that needed to be used at the end of December. So I went for the whole kit: ResMed AirMini, ResMed P10 mask, Pilot-24 Lite CPAP Battery, AirMini DC Converter.

Admittedly, it's an expensive kit, but after 'testing' it a few times now, it all works beautifully. I haven't gone the distance with the battery yet, but I have 2 full nights on it, and 2 of the 4 capacity meter lights are still lit. I think I can probably get 3 nights for sure, maybe 4.

I haven't weighed the whole kit together yet, but it is WAY lighter than what I was doing before (ResMed AirSense 10 in travel mode, AirSense 10 DC converter, 2 portable jump starter battery packs with 12v adapter, 2 charging cords for the battery packs). The new kit also packs up WAY smaller than my previous stuff.

Now that I have the new system together, I'm not sure I need the AirMini DC converter. What I should have bought was the DC charger for the Pilot-24 Lite battery. I can charge the battery through the 12v outlet on my motorcycle while I ride during the day, and use the battery to power the CPAP at night. The Pilot-24 Lite battery also allows for pass-through charging, so I can charge the battery and power the CPAP at the same time.

If anyone is interested, I will get some individual/total kit weights and post them here. I may just do it anyway, so take that.
    Good info. That "extra" FSA money can come in handy. Could you share approximately what that whole setup cost you? It certainly was not inexpensive. Thanks

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
    Good info. That "extra" FSA money can come in handy. Could you share approximately what that whole setup cost you? It certainly was not inexpensive. Thanks
    The whole shebang was $1343.99. I did order a few extra supplies to go with it (filters, HumidX cartridges), so that is part of the whole number. My intent with this order was that I would have enough supplies to last at least a year, maybe longer. Here is a list of everything I ordered:

ResMed AirMini Auto Travel CPAP Machine
    P10 Complete Nasal Pillow Mask Kit for AirMini
    Pilot-24 Lite CPAP Battery
    AirMini DC Converter
    HumidX Plus for AirMini
    Filters for AirMini (2pk)
    ResMed AirMini Travel Case

I purchased this from The CPAP Shop, and at the time, their prices were roughly about the same as most other places as well.

I'm interested! Also, what is your max pressure setting? I've had my Airsense 10 for a little over a year (1st CPAP) and I've never pulled the average pressure data, but do you know what yours is?

Any further battery tests? If so, what approx elevation are you hammocking at?

Thanks!

Hammock
    Draumr XL

i just did the same thing! i have had the airmini for a while now but just got the new pilot 24 lite with the DC plug for my motorcycle. I was thinking about getting the solar charger for the battery but the 200$ plus they wanted i just couldn't justify it.

I have the Amok Draumr XL and the airmini fits perfectly in the bottle holder with the battery in the pocket below.
    also purchased the tensa stand and a shout out to them for the holy cow delivery! it was quick!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    I'm interested! Also, what is your max pressure setting? I've had my Airsense 10 for a little over a year (1st CPAP) and I've never pulled the average pressure data, but do you know what yours is?

Any further battery tests? If so, what approx elevation are you hammocking at?

Thanks!
    Howdy! I took some pictures last night of my old traveling setup vs. new, and weighed each set. I just did total weight for each set; it was late and I didn't think about weights for each individual piece until I had put it all back where it belongs.

First up, the old traveling set: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto with humidifier reservoir plug, the ResMed Air10 DC/DC converter, 2 portable jump starters (12v output) with a female 12v outlet adapter, 2 charging cords for the portable jump starters, ResMed SlimLine tubing, ResMed AirTouch F20 mask, and a DutchWare DIY double-sided stuff sack.

Total weight: 3736 grams, 131.78 ounces, 8.24 pounds

CPAP-1.jpg

The new traveling set: ResMed AirMini with case, ResMed AirFit P10 for AirMini with SlimLine hose and HumidX, ResMed Tube Buddy (tube wrap for colder outside temperatures), Medistrom Pilot 24 Lite with AirMini cable, ResMed Airmini carrying pouch (comes with the AirMini and stores everything in the picture).

Total weight: 1238 grams, 43.67 ounces, 2.73 pounds

CPAP-2.jpg

I setup my AirMini to essentially mimic the settings from the Airsense 10; pressure setting 7 to start, and set to auto adjust with no max pressure. My home is at about 4,300ft elevation, and my camping is usually done in the 8,000 - 10,000ft range. At the higher elevations, I may only get 1.75 nights out of the battery, whereas at home I can get about 2.3 nights.

I'm at work right now , and I forgot to get my average pressure info from home. I will post that tonight when I get home. I'm thinking my average pressure is about 10 or 11.

Hope that helps answer your question. It is an expensive kit, and if I had not had the FSA money to use, I would still be using my old setup. This AirMini kit is really slick, compact, light(er) weight, and fairly idiot proof (pointing at myself).

EDIT: I'm back home, and checked my average pressure. Looks like over the last year I'm between 8.5 and 10.
    Last edited by Crazytown3; 05-01-2019 at 21:30.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by EARLOFSMOKE View Post
    i just did the same thing! i have had the airmini for a while now but just got the new pilot 24 lite with the DC plug for my motorcycle. I was thinking about getting the solar charger for the battery but the 200$ plus they wanted i just couldn't justify it.

I have the Amok Draumr XL and the airmini fits perfectly in the bottle holder with the battery in the pocket below.
    also purchased the tensa stand and a shout out to them for the holy cow delivery! it was quick!
    There ya go!! I still need to get the DC charger for the Pilot 24 Lite and do just that; charge from the motorcycle while I ride during the day. Buying the ResMed DC Converter for the AirMini was a mistake on my part, and I haven't used it at all.

I looked at that solar charger too, and just couldn't justify the cost either. If I was doing a lot of multiple day back country trips, I maybe might probably could justify the solar panel. Currently though, my back country trips are only 2-3 days though.

has amyone here used the talentcell battery in post #1 with an M series respironics? Im wondering if it still recommended. If so, I'm buying one asap.
    TIA
    Tyler

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast