Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    +1 to the Ion feels great train. It's not a downgrade in any way from Argon, although you are trading some weight for cost and, I assume, increased durability. YMMV as to your own priorities which is more important.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTIEMAC View Post
    Thanks for everyones response on the feel of the fabric. I'm gonna pull the trigger.
    Haven't been on this forum for a couple of years. Forgot how much I missed it.
    you also probably forgot how to post in standard size font, eh?..

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I am glad for my Econ Burrow, and my regular Incubator. Great product, quality, and service!

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 11ft.
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    My own concoction
    My new Econ Burrow arrived yesterday! Purchased an "In Stock" "B" item at a great price, and it was in my hands three days later.

Hammock
    HH Jungle Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG EconIncubator 0
    Suspension
    Straps
    I really needed a underquilt; pads and reflectix was not cutting it, I was cold. But I could not convince my wife that I "needed" an upgrade, and the $250 price tag for a quilt was too much. That is where the econ line came in. One afternoon, I had my hammock up, and my wife took a nap in it. I had a reflectix and ccf pad in it, and the temp was about 50*. She came out saying that she was cold the entire time, and did not understand how I could stay out all night in one. That is where I made the pitch, and at only around $150. I ordered my incubator econo 10 last night . Now I'm off to stalk the HG order status for the next few weeks...Hope I get it before fathers's day.

Thanks Hammock Gear!
    -UltraZim

"No matter where you go; There you are." -BB

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex 70D Sym
    Insulation
    HG TQ 20 / UQ 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    UltraZim
    If you're gonna use your underquilt in your hennessy, keep me posted! The super shelter isn't working too well for me and I'm looking for a economic option, hopefully the econ line will do it!

Hammock
    HH Jungle Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG EconIncubator 0
    Suspension
    Straps
    I spent the last few nights in my 0* econ incubator (lows was 40*ish) and felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. I don't know why I messed around with other "solutions" like the radiant pad or closed cell foam, I was always cold. I would recommend getting the 0* because it should cover most everything except maybe deep winter. Venting as needed this will work all summer as well (If you think about it, we generally sleep on super thick insulation on our regular beds). Don't bother with the super shelter, get this, it works.
    -UltraZim

"No matter where you go; There you are." -BB

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Ultralight Hex
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I received my 30 degree Econ Burrow and Phoenix! Thanks, Stormcrow, for passing on this incredible deal while you can!! It says a LOT about your motivations as a gear supplier. I can attest that they are "first" quality products that you'd expect from HG and the fabric (as mentioned by others) is very comfortable and seems plenty robust at this price point. I've only done a couple of backyard hangs with them so far, but will be on the top of the Roan Balds this weekend on the AT with them. I'll report back!

The great thing about this ECON line, is that I'm not too worried about the wear and tear. I also own a premium line Phoenix and Burrow in a 0 degree insulation...I would not have pulled the trigger on a warm weather option if this incredible deal hadn't come along. I'd probably have done a DIY set to get by. At this price, I didn't have to think about it. I have great warmer weather protection that I don't have to "baby" in the wet/humid weather of the Southeast. Perfect!!
    Last edited by Fujibilly; 05-23-2017 at 07:57.
    If you can't laugh at yourself don't worry about it...someone will come along to help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I just wanted to make a quick post about a few things regarding our Econ line of quilts.

Having said all of that, I can not promise that these quilts will always be around. Down prices are notorious for fluctuating and WHEN they do (they always do) we will not be able to keep them at these prices. I know this comes off as sounding like a pushy sales tactic (which I apologize for), but I just want to be honest with everyone.

~Stormcrow
    First, you are in both manufacturing and sales; so, no apology should be required for you attempting to sell your own product. Second, having said that, nothing you typed came across as a sales tactic, at all. Finally, I think most people appreciate you giving them (us) a heads-up like this. That doesn't happen too often when it comes to manufacturers of most things. Keep up the good work.

Anybody order and receive an Econ quilt in the last few weeks. Just curious about the current lead-time. I ordered one. Not in a big hurry and I'm not going to call/email to ask as I don't want to take any attention away from them making someone else's quilt. Just curious.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast