Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    How is the feel of the fabric. I have a normal Phoenix 20 and love the feel of the fabric. I want to pull the trigger on a Burrow 20 but am concerned I won't be as happy with the texture. Are they similar in feel?
    Last edited by SCOTTIEMAC; 04-30-2017 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTIEMAC View Post
    How is the feel of the fabric. I have a normal Phoenix 20 and love the feel of the fabric. I want to pull the trigger on a Burrow 20 but am concerned I won't be as happy with the texture. Are they similar in feel?
    Not sure about your Phoenix but I have an Enlightened Equipment Revelation and I cant tell the difference between then Econ UQ and the EE "feel"...both are awesome, I may even give a slight edge to the Econ UQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Cinch Buckle
    To me it feels really close to the Argon. I have a normal Burrow with the 67 taffeta on the inside which feels a bit "softer", but in no way does the Econ fabric feel scratchy. I have an Econ Burrow on the way as well.

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    The ion fabric feels fantastic. It is soft and comfortable. Not cheap or rough in any way.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Thanks for everyones response on the feel of the fabric. I'm gonna pull the trigger.
    Haven't been on this forum for a couple of years. Forgot how much I missed it.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Here is a little secret. Ion uses the same type of thread as ARGON. ARGON is thinner and needs ripstop to reinforce it. ION is basically all the ARGON ripstop thread made into a fabric with a very tight weave. This made a delightfully soft and resilient shell with only a slight weight penalty. I anticipated the huge success of the Econ product line and we purchased huge amount which lead to some decent cost savings. Adam passed those cost saving down to the consumer and the whole thing snowballs. Less expensive quilts means higher quantities of quilt and the higher quantity means bigger and bigger lots of fabric. Actually is suspect the whole thing was Jenny's idea.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Here is a little secret. Ion uses the same type of thread as ARGON. ARGON is thinner and needs ripstop to reinforce it. ION is basically all the ARGON ripstop thread made into a fabric with a very tight weave. This made a delightfully soft and resilient shell with only a slight weight penalty. I anticipated the huge success of the Econ product line and we purchased huge amount which lead to some decent cost savings. Adam passed those cost saving down to the consumer and the whole thing snowballs. Less expensive quilts means higher quantities of quilt and the higher quantity means bigger and bigger lots of fabric. Actually is suspect the whole thing was Jenny's idea.
    The happy result for me was an underquilt I could afford now and give to my significant other (in her favorite color no less) Since she has had positive experiences and stayed warm and slept better than ever, she doesn't hesitate to join me...and fully supports my new habit ! I couldn't be happier that both of us are now fully equipped! It's great that you saw the potential and everyone seems to have come out a winner.

Same with me...I'm going to buy another set to go with my 20 degree Econ set in the near future..couldn't do that without the Econ line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Actually is suspect the whole thing was Jenny's idea.
    Econ made it a no brainer for me to equip my 10 year old daughter with a 30 degree Burrow/Phoenix set...so, thanks Jenny!

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt

Hammock Gear Econ Quilt Line...Here to Stay?

I agree. When I went to order an econ 20 Burrow I also ended up ordering another Phoenix, but in the econ for my 10 year old son. Made it a 0 degree just in case I want to borrow it in the winter. Hehe.
    Would not have done that with the argon prices.
    Thanks for helping me spend some money.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast