Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    Not diy, but I get the decorative led string lights off amazon.com. they run off of a cr2032 battery, are 6 feet long and I can get a 10 pack for less than $20 usd. The battery pack isn't waterproof, but the light string is and they are stupid light. Not super robust, but if you are reasonably careful with them, they hold up well, and are cheap enough to replace as needed. They're generally not bright enough to read by, but plenty bright enough to help find your rig in the dark from a distance, and to find stuff and/or change clothes in the night.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M1LZS1K?psc=1
    Last edited by Billy Goat; 04-25-2017 at 20:57.
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
    Not diy, but I get the decorative led string lights off amazon.com. they run off of a cr2032 battery, are 6 feet long and I can get a 10 pack for less than $20 usd. The battery pack isn't waterproof, but the light string is and they are stupid light. Not super robust, but if you are reasonably careful with them, they hold up well, and are cheap enough to replace as needed. They're generally not bright enough to read by, but plenty bright enough to help find your rig in the dark from a distance, and to find stuff and/or change clothes in the night.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M1LZS1K?psc=1

I got these from a different seller on amazon in red and green for our Christmas hang. They last quite a while (still working!) on a single battery. The wire is stiff enough to wrap around lines and trees, but still compact in a nice small bundle.
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I was at harbor freight yesterday and couldn't resist the solar powered white LED rope light - off, blink or continuous - needs a day or two in the sun to charge then I can test it.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/solar-r...ght-68353.html
    We have a set of these I put on my wife's hammock. They last all night. As a matter of fact. I placed them out for a day or two to solar charge the battery. Then put them in the dark hall way and after 28 hours they were still on. Gave up at that moment. Don't know how much longer they would go but they were still very bright when I quit.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Its not DIY, but I'm in love with my little "Fairy String Lights" off amazon. Super lightweight, battery powered, 13 colors, 3 different flash modes, and a timer, all under $20. They work great wrapped up around my suspension and ridgeline. Here's the link to my specific set of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    As mentioned above, Dollar Store type stores, Michael's Craft stores, Lowes Hardware. All sorts of places and cheap. I am unable to keep my balance in the dark. I use a string dangling from my tree straps. When I am up in the night, the string gives me enough light to get out of my hammock. Kind of a transition light from moon--party lights--flash light. Also makes my hammock a beacon coming back.

Anyone ever done a DYI festive LED string of lights hung from their ridgeline?

I love the led string solar lights. They can be ON, or come on at dark which is great for finding your real light. I have a family that can't remember to find their lights BEFORE dark.

I use them at home for night lights too. I added 2 extra AA NMIH batteries, the normal one can't make it all night.

Now with 2+1 they last 2-3 days before I have to change out batteries and recharge the 2 extra ones. Nice for when the light isn't in a place with enough solar to recharge it, but enough light to keep it off until dark. The external batteries are MUCH easier to change then using a screw driver to get the battery out.

Easily enough light to read by, but we use it as night light and enough light to get a drink in the night at the sink and find cup and not kill your night vision or blind you just to get a drink.

Dreaming of camping or aquaponics and the pond.

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    Dollarama is one of my local dollar stores. They sell red cup battery powered patio lights for $3. I buy these and 2 rechargeable batteries. $5 all in... I pop off the red cups when I get home. I'm won't be devastated if they die. All going strong so far!

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Since I order so much from Dutch, I ended up buying some with some other stuff from his site. Didn't have them out when it rained for two straight days at Shenandoah, but once it cleared up, i brought them up. My tent site was probably a good 30 to 40 yards from the car and I could see it well from there.

Hi...bulk light line, also called empty socket light line can be purchased by the foot or in 500' or 1,000' spools. When using this type of cord, you simply measure out how much you need, cut the cord, screw in the bulbs and then add a slide on male and female plug. There's no electrical experience needed and the plugs simply slide onto the cord.

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear, KAQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles baby
    I don't use them for the hammock ridgeline, but I use battery powered, waterproof LED lights from Amazon when camping with Scouts. I string them on a nearby tree/bush and keep them on all night just in case...if it's the middle of the night and there's a problem, I want the boys to easily be able to find me.

Also use a couple strings of lights strung up under the troop garages (10 * 20 foot canopies) just to provide a bit of a festive atmosphere. The lights for the garages are turned off at the end of the night...the light by me stays on all night.

Bruce

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast