Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images

Getting up in the night -- pee more often while hammock sleeping?

There's a thread in General Hammock Camping about urinating more often at night while sleeping in hammocks that seems dominated by the male experience. I'm wondering whether you-all feel you have to urinate more often when hammock sleeping compared to sleeping in a bed, and how you handle those night calls in various weather situations (cold, raining, etc.)

Reason for this thread: It would not be as possible for those with female anatomy to "pee off the side" of a hammock as described in the other thread. What strategies are you using when the weather is not conducive to simply hopping out and walking into the woods?

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    The best part of a hammock is the ability to pee without getting wet I the rain. I just find a corner under my tarp and that's my pre corner. I do pre more often, I think it's because of the bend in my waist being more than in a flat bed. I also use a yellow bandana for wiping. Then way I don't have to worry about leaving white flowers to pick up later. The cold is always a problem, but I sleep with nalgene bottle of hot water so I can warm back up quickly when I get back in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Images
    An umbrella helps a lot- just get up, slip on your shoes, grab your umbrella and stay dry while admiring the night.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I agree with lilprincess - I just pee under the tarp, as far away as possible from where I get in/out of my hammock if the weather isn't good. If it's not raining, I just walk a few feet away and pee lol. I think I pee more because it's just chillier out / I'm sleeping outside. I pee more when I car camp/glamp too.

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    when sleeping anywhere away from porcelain conveniences i ALWAYS keep a FABRIC SOFTENER, WOOLITE OR CLOTHES washing LIQUID bottle handy

they have a convenient wide bottom and when the pour spout is removed can be used in a reclining position(learned to do this in the hospital w/ one of their provided bottles )

in the event you are uncomfortable doing IT in the hammock you can semi-privately use the above described bottle just standing under the fly AFTER DARK

btw, when thru doing IT ...CAP THE BOTTLE and set it on a pre-determined leveled spot the ground

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    I don't think I pee any more hammock camping than when tent camping. I think I do tend to pee more when camping in general for a couple reasons: One is that I am not as comfy and sleep as soundly as in my bed because it is "different" than in my bedroom. I have that same problem if I sleep in a hotel or at a friends house, (or not sleep since it is "different" than my bedroom).

Also I think I hydrate more outdoors so I have to pee more at night. Having said that I think I pee less in my hammock than when tent camping as it is more comfortable than the ground.

Having a tarp is awesome in crummy weather because you can pee without getting wet. Make sure you don't pee "downhill" so that it does not pool around your shoes or pack. In good weather I like to get out from my tarp to see the stars. It doesn't wake me up that much and I fall back to sleep.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    I've been known to carry a pee bottle, which works great with either my Pstyle or Lady J.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    I have a special nalgene bottle for night time -- no need for extra equipment b/c the mouth is wide enough, but I would not dare try it lying down! Not sure how swoody does that!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Sheltowee 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I bought a product from Amazon it's a bag with powder in it and it turns into instant gel when it gets wet. I believe Dutch has a video using one in his hammock on YouTube and he sells them on his website too. There are a few videos on YouTube that talk about portable urinals like the two guys of "Good Mythical Morning" they do it kind of live in the studio scenario. Most of the times I get out and go find a tree away from my hammock but not real far away. It's better to just go and then climb back in the hammock and go back to sleep. I may on occasion wake up once or twice during the night just to relieve myself. One night I got up and was relieving myself and I saw something moving out the corner of my eye. I turned my head and realized it was a skunk. I froze as it walked passed and continued to go on it's merry way. I had difficulties sleeping after that. I kept thinking he was coming back and would walk under my tarp and relieve itself.
    It never happened. Found out from the owner of the campsite that 2 of them frequent the site and were friendly. Pricilla and Elvis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Kammok Koala UQ
    Suspension
    Kammok 2" straps
    Ooh, a pee bottle! Here I was squattin' with my GoGirl so it wouldn't splash my feets. Bandana is a great idea too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast