Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    A slightly less hideous option might be canvas drop cloths.
    Another possibility.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbite View Post
    I have been thinking shade also, and this is the best I have come up with. I will sew or tape two olive Grabber Space All Weather Blankets together tp make a 10' by 5' tarp. The seam would be in the wrong direction, but I would include a loop at the top that will support the seam while using a continuous ridgeline. Mylar attached to fabric was my second choice, but crinkling and use large amounts of adhesive is not worth it to me.
    I know you said no DIY, though it could be fairly easy. I am planning on lightly wire brushing the seam, cleaning the seam with rubbing alcohol, and then gorilla tape it together, on both sides. Attach a few extra 5" patches at the top of the seam on the inside, and then poke a hole for a paracord loop and toggle to attach to the continuous ridgeline. Some silicone at this connection would be a good idea considering water will funnel towards this connection.
    I have been using these blankets for years and they make a great ground cloth or a chair reflector and have lots of uses to avoid mud.
    I would like to hear what other people have come up with.

Grabber Space All Weather Blanket
    These would work well patched together or if they were larger. I'm going to search for some larger sizes.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    I like the shade cloth idea. It would probably take 80-90% to block enough. Found some 70% aluminet which should reflect some also. That really has a high potential.

On my deck during the summer I have one of those coolaroo shade sails. Works pretty good. Two eyebolts into the 2x10 in the wall at the base of the second floor, two 4x4 posts attached to the deck plus some turnbuckles for tightening. Put it up in the spring and take it down in the fall. Rain and air can go through it. I have a 12'x12' one. I saw today that they have 14'x7' ones at Costco for $24.

I have no idea what all involved in putting one up, but I've seen some people with pretty cool sail cloth awnings. It's more of a permanent fixture, but I'm sure it could be put up with wood framing if you wanted to DIY, unless you're handy with a welder and could put up a metal frame.

Edit: I just realized the post before mine was about this same thing, that'll teach me to post without reading all the prior posts.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhun View Post
    On my deck during the summer I have one of those coolaroo shade sails. Works pretty good. Two eyebolts into the 2x10 in the wall at the base of the second floor, two 4x4 posts attached to the deck plus some turnbuckles for tightening. Put it up in the spring and take it down in the fall. Rain and air can go through it. I have a 12'x12' one. I saw today that they have 14'x7' ones at Costco for $24.
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophedude View Post
    I have no idea what all involved in putting one up, but I've seen some people with pretty cool sail cloth awnings. It's more of a permanent fixture, but I'm sure it could be put up with wood framing if you wanted to DIY, unless you're handy with a welder and could put up a metal frame.

Edit: I just realized the post before mine was about this same thing, that'll teach me to post without reading all the prior posts.
    A shade sail was my first choice because I also have my grill station in the same area of the deck as my hammock hangers and it is miserable cooking during the day in the summer. A sail just won't work though. The design of my house will not accommodate any shape sail I have seen.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    I've never been in Harbor freight but that seems like a good reason to go.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Harbor Freight is definitely worth a walk-through, even if you don't actually buy anything
    the thing to keep in mind though is, products like this you're totally fine buying from there, but a lot of the tools are "factory seconds" which technically means that they only have cosmetic blemishes, but as I've posted elsewhere on these forums, I bought a ring roller that rolls corkscrews instead of rings... So let the buyer beware

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Images
    You live in Georgia no one would use the South or West face of there house to sit or hang outside its just too dam hot.

If you have no other options on N or E side of the house I'd try one of these.
    http://www.sunsetter.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast