Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boober View Post
    Does anyone make a bridge that supports 400 lbs and up
    None commercially yet (that I am aware of). "Just Bill" is experimenting with some designs that could go this high but I don't think he's making them commercially yet. You could alway try DIYing one of the popular designs or possibly get "Just Bill" to include you in his beta tester group...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Ok thx. I would love to combine a wbrr and a jrb. I like the saddle bags and bug net design on rr. I like the size and shape of the jrb. Then make it with a higher weight rating. Ive got two little boys who love to be in the hammock with dad. But the three of us weigh more than the 250lbs limit. Know exactly what I want just no way to make it.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent
    Tarp
    Rainfree ;)
    Insulation
    I stay warm
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Boober View Post
    Does anyone make a bridge that supports 400 lbs and up
    Boober we are so close with Amok Hammocks at 330lbs

Ive looked at those. Seem like a cool idea but I'm looking for a traditional style. Also i would like to be able to fit a 30" pad in it.

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Just bill. I sent you a pm with his contact.

Thx Mark. Thats awesome!!!!! I'll definitely contact him.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Thanks for thinking of me everyone!

I did just get back to Boober via email. Folks can reach me at [email protected]

Just two quick things,

Thus far Mountainhanger and a non forum member are testing at 350+ and are the biggest fellas in it. Besides simply weight though, all bridges are narrowed at the middle so at some point there is an issue of simply fitting in the bridge. So to be blunt...if you're short and round...you may not enjoy or fit in a bridge. I don't want to give someone's measurements out, but mountainhanger is a big solid fella and he fills the bridge up. He's tall though too so he's spread out and just plain big! He was the one who did the video and testing for v. Allen for those familiar with the video he put out. So long story short...even if 400lbs is physically possible, it may not be practical. I don't see these going past 400lbs, from a structure or fit perspective. Right now 350Ish seems a reasonable goal/expectation. I believe the testers as a group have well exceeded 100 nights use, maybe 200 with no issues after round three of design.

Second...
    I don't do clones. No offense to those who DIY their own or for a friend...it's a free country!
    That said, I personally consider it theft to sell a clone. Even if Brandon at Warbonnet didn't hold a patent; his saddlebag is a truly signature feature that I will not duplicate. It was requested by several people so this is more a general disclaimer than directed to at anyone. A zipper attached bug net is a grey area, but I don't have one available at this time. I do have a bottom entry net that is about to go to my testers. If I do an integrated net I will only do so if I feel it is unique in some way.

In general...I'm not into selling a "me too" or borrowing too heavily...I try to create my own designs and as a result take others hard work in that regard very seriously. I can't thank folks like Grizz or WV enough for what they have publicly shared that I learned from, nor deny that hammocks in general have a very "collective" and community based knowledge base. From there though...if it's not for personal use I don't feel it's right to sell someone else's products. While I developed a bridge very similar to the Ariel independent of Grizz, they both ended up so similar I have chosen to discontinue my version and not bring it to market as I had planned.

So while we all make hammocks...and some things are unavoidably overlapping...if somebody busted their nut bringing something to market I don't think it's right to just flat out duplicate a feature that stands out. Brandon's saddlebag isn't just a neat pocket, but a truly novel way to integrate a zippered bug net in ways that perhaps only a fellow designer can appreciate. It is a lot more than just a pocket.

Sorry for a rant if it comes off that way, just wanted to be clear and honest with everyone. I'd love to make a buck selling my gear, but I won't sell anyone else's at any cost.

As one of Just Bill's testers, at 6'4" and about 320lbs, I do a pretty good job of filling up the bridge. As Bill said, the design is like an hourglass, and I pretty much fill up the middle of the hammock. With use, I no longer notice the "neck" or the poles; what I notice is the ability to change positions at will, sound sleep limited only by my old-guy bladder and the comfortable craftsmanship of Just Bill's product. I sleep nightly, inside, in mine and love it!!

• + New Posts