Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 3/4 underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    A very informative review, kitsapcowboy. Thank you. Being a little frugal, it's going to be hard for me to abandon my current setup of Dutch's 11 ft. netless hammock with Dutch's Fronkey-like full bug net. The integration of all the interchangeable components is sure attractive, though. Makes me kind of wish my current gear would fall apart so I could upgrade and explain it to my wife.
    But, I was wondering; I had always thought the full Fronkey-like bug net protected the bottom of my hammock from bugs that would bite through the fabric. Do you find any vulnerable spots with a top only bug net?

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Thanks, cpresoz. I'm glad you found it a useful review.

You already have a high-quality set-up that seems to be working for you, so there's no need to abandon it for the Chameleon -- at least all at once. Perhaps you'll start lounging in your current hammock in the back yard during the summer months. Buy a modular Chameleon hammock body in same color as your 11-foot Dutch Netless, and see if the Mrs. notices those zippers on the long edges when you interleave it with your current hammock for casual use. Then surprise her one lazy afternoon with a Dutch spreader bar and some Beetle Buckles for an impromptu tandem hang with two hammocks in a side-by-side set-up. After that, you can round out your Chameleon system piece by piece to suit your needs!

Or, if you'd rather avoid any mild subterfuge, you could always pick a friend or family member whom you'd like to introduce to the joys of hammock camping and manufacture the "need" for your new Chameleon so that you can use your current rig as a loaner...

Where there's a will there's a way...

Finally, with respect to your question regarding biting insects, no; as a big fan of integrated-net camping hammocks, I have yet to encounter an issue with bugs from below using a single-layer hammock without a protective full-length add-on net. It is rarely warm enough where I live to overnight without a pad or underquilt, even when the bugs are bad, and if you may need to where you are, you can always lie on top of an inexpensive, breathable microfiber sleeping bag liner (available online or at stores like Wal-Mart) in your Chameleon during very hot weather, zipped inside securely and safe from problem bugs with the additional layer beneath you. HTH...
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 07-15-2017 at 23:21.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Tarp
    DD superlight tarp
    Insulation
    Cumulus M400
    Hello kitsapcowboy, can you give me the distance between the inner D-ring where the peak shelf is tie out and the end of the hammock please. I’m going to put a dutchware peak shelf on my trail lair hammock from Simply Light Design but there are no D-ring on the inner face of the hammock. Thank you

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl20 View Post
    Hello kitsapcowboy, can you give me the distance between the inner D-ring where the peak shelf is tie out and the end of the hammock please. I’m going to put a dutchware peak shelf on my trail lair hammock from Simply Light Design but there are no D-ring on the inner face of the hammock. Thank you
    kitsapcowboy has been off the grid for awhile but you can get the peak shelf with clips so as to bypass having d-rings on your hammock......https://dutchwaregear.com/product/clip-peak-shelf/
    Salut
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Tarp
    DD superlight tarp
    Insulation
    Cumulus M400
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    kitsapcowboy has been off the grid for awhile but you can get the peak shelf with clips so as to bypass having d-rings on your hammock......https://dutchwaregear.com/product/clip-peak-shelf/
    Salut
    Shug
    Thank you Shug, i have saw this peak shelf with alligator clips but i don’t want to risk to dammage my hexon 1.0 fabric with alligator clips and i’m going to make a custom command with the add of these D-ring anchors to Simply Light Design so i need to know this distance between the end of the hammock and the D-ring to hang the peak shelf.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

DutchWare Chameleon: First Night Out

Quote Originally Posted by Syl20 View Post
    Thank you Shug, i have saw this peak shelf with alligator clips but i don’t want to risk to dammage my hexon 1.0 fabric with alligator clips and i’m going to make a custom command with the add of these D-ring anchors to Simply Light Design so i need to know this distance between the end of the hammock and the D-ring to hang the peak shelf.
    I have them clipped on my Hexon 1.6 and have no damage at all. Just an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567