Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    Solved my problem of having to get up & p. I haven't had to get up & p @ night for over a year & half now. Lost my bladder to cancer. I now have a stoma & bag. Quick disconnect on bottom of bag to link to a 2000cc bag laid on ground. Next morning I just disconnect & drain @ appropriate place. Sometimes bad things can have good side effects.
    God bless you, my friend! And kudos for not letting the demon C conquer you.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by PixTrekker View Post
    Being older it's normal for me to get up 2 or three times a night even at home. But just like from my kayaks I have also learned to pee from the hammock. First I learned to pee in a wide mouth nalgen bottle but I was always afraid I would slip. So learned to just hang off the side. I considered cutting a hole in the bottom of the hammock or maybe add a couple of seatbelts. One at the knees and one at the chest. Then just flip the whole hammock over with me in it, take care of business, then flip back over.
    HA HA best one yet!
    left lay born, left lay bred and when I die I'll be left lay dead.

Hammock
    CAMO DIY
    Tarp
    Sil Poly cammo DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I'm 65 and It's somehow comforting to know I'm not alone in this. I always know I'm gonna have to go when I get dreams of waterfalls or some other water manifestation and slowly wake and realise I will have to leave the warmth. But like others It's wonderful to stare up and see the stars. I love my hammock!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner; Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Believe it or not , the reason why we have to get up and go is complicated. I believe there are several physiological reasons for the increased urge/need to urinate while in your hammock. First, is the fact that your body is in what is called a trendelenburg position (tilted with legs higher than heart) which causes increased venous return (flow from the legs to the heart). The increase in circulatory volume/pressure/ cardiac stroke volume is sensed by the heart which triggers compensatory mechanisms, including the release of a substance called Atrial Naturetic Peptide (ANP); The Carotid Baroreceptors trigger responses by the autonomic nervous system, and the Kidney reacts and releases various substances which result in "Diuresis" (increased urine output). This also occurs when our legs are compressed as in being "squeezed or massaged" by the hammock. Another situation which triggers diuresis is when you walk into the ocean or get into a tub (the lower legs "capacitance vessels" are squeezed) and trigger similar responses. This is made worse in old guys with prostate issues which also create an urge to go. :-( And all of this doesn't even address the results of the beer consumed around the campfire.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    So I wonder if one of us old guys were to hang his hammock more on level rather than higher on the foot end would there be a significant advantage or am I asking for trouble? I have already learned that foregoing diuretics like coffee or tea at night helps but I can't say foregoing that little pleasure in the evening is really worth it later....

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    So I wonder if one of us old guys were to hang his hammock more on level rather than higher on the foot end would there be a significant advantage or am I asking for trouble? I have already learned that foregoing diuretics like coffee or tea at night helps but I can't say foregoing that little pleasure in the evening is really worth it later....
    As you know far too well, Mr. Tango, I'm far from an expert on the subject, but the idea behind the foot end being higher is to get us a more level plane in the hammock. If we were to set up the head end higher or even level, then we'd migrate down toward the foot end. Maybe we wouldn't have to go as much, but it would be a $%@!)(& lay. A very wise man once said that it is just about impossible to hang the foot end too high!

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Clisbyclark View Post
    As you know far too well, Mr. Tango, I'm far from an expert on the subject, but the idea behind the foot end being higher is to get us a more level plane in the hammock. If we were to set up the head end higher or even level, then we'd migrate down toward the foot end. Maybe we wouldn't have to go as much, but it would be a $%@!)(& lay. A very wise man once said that it is just about impossible to hang the foot end too high!
    All true!I think I know who made that "never too high" remark!But since I have a level on my ridgeline I just wonder if I could be level and not slide footward-did that one night and was too tired to get up and fiddle with it.Never again.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I give up. Why ?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner; Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What do you mean?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    4+ months straight in a hammock indoors. Now I've been on the new mattress for 2 weeks (kinda sucks). Zero night time pant-peeing sprints to the commode. In fact, after waking up I don't even really need to go but I do out of habit. I'm now no longer 110% convinced about the hammock/urinating theory. I'm 128.9% convinced.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast