Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Wow, I thought it was just me and due to being older. I never have to get up at home but I do at least twice a night when hammock camping. I don't recall it happening as regularly when I was a ground dweller. I have a WBRR. Typically I have some water with dinner and ovaltine or hot chocolate two hours or more before turning in. On a canoe trip last weekend, one night I ate around 6:30, took a leak before turning in around 9:30. The next time was just before midnight and then again just after 3 am. When I got up at 6:30, I went again. Temperature didn't seem to make a difference - I got up twice the other nights as well; one night was in the mid-50s, another in the upper 40s and the third in lower 30s. I agree with others, it is not bad considering what a good sleep I get every time plus it's like an alarm to check out the camp and the night sky.

Everytime I see this thread pop up in the "new posts" I just can't hardly contain myself... and today I think I reached my breaking point.

~~ I don't believe it would be such an issue for you if you were to exit your hammock before urinating. Just a thought.....

Sorry... had to "go there" and get it out of my system.
    Last edited by Yarome; 10-03-2019 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlaser View Post
    Wow, I thought it was just me and due to being older. I never have to get up at home but I do at least twice a night when hammock camping. I don't recall it happening as regularly when I was a ground dweller. I have a WBRR. Typically I have some water with dinner and ovaltine or hot chocolate two hours or more before turning in. On a canoe trip last weekend, one night I ate around 6:30, took a leak before turning in around 9:30. The next time was just before midnight and then again just after 3 am. When I got up at 6:30, I went again. Temperature didn't seem to make a difference - I got up twice the other nights as well; one night was in the mid-50s, another in the upper 40s and the third in lower 30s. I agree with others, it is not bad considering what a good sleep I get every time plus it's like an alarm to check out the camp and the night sky.
    Do you have this same drink routine at home or only when camping? Food sensitivities caused by intestinal permeability which allows the leakage of incompletely digested proteins to pass through the cellular tight junction of the intestinal barrier and into the blood stream, amd our body’s subsequent creation of antibodies for said proteins, can cause frequent and urgent need for urination. It would normally be something from well more than a couple hours before the urgency though. Between several hours to one-four days after. Do you typically set out for a trip by drinking/eating anything different from your home routine? With this type of food sensitivity, the processing out of our body of the antibodies and protein particles will irritate the bladder and urinary tract, creating the urgency/frequency. It can take a few days for it to pass, provided you are no longer consuming the food that created the condition. The test for such sensitivities is called Enzymatic Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA)...which is similar to what police use to detect cocaine or other illicit drug via a crushed ampule.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetsurfer View Post
    Do you have this same drink routine at home or only when camping? Food sensitivities caused by intestinal permeability which allows the leakage of incompletely digested proteins to pass through the cellular tight junction of the intestinal barrier and into the blood stream, amd our body’s subsequent creation of antibodies for said proteins, can cause frequent and urgent need for urination. It would normally be something from well more than a couple hours before the urgency though. Between several hours to one-four days after. Do you typically set out for a trip by drinking/eating anything different from your home routine? With this type of food sensitivity, the processing out of our body of the antibodies and protein particles will irritate the bladder and urinary tract, creating the urgency/frequency. It can take a few days for it to pass, provided you are no longer consuming the food that created the condition. The test for such sensitivities is called Enzymatic Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA)...which is similar to what police use to detect cocaine or other illicit drug via a crushed ampule.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts/ideas. I drink the same at home, maybe just a difference in the time that I eat/drink. It only happens when I am sleeping in the hammock (even in the backyard). It's not a problem, I am just curious about what's causing it.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Everytime I see this thread pop up in the "new posts" I just can't hardly contain myself... and today I think I reached my breaking point.

~~ I don't believe it would be such an issue for you if you were to exit your hammock before urinating. Just a thought.....

Sorry... had to "go there" and get it out of my system.
    No problem Yarome; were you referring to my post? If so, I always exit the hammock and don't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlaser View Post
    ...were you referring to my post?
    No, no. The thread title.

For those of us with a warped sense of humor... it could easily be read in a light in which it was not intended.
    Last edited by Yarome; 10-04-2019 at 00:23.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    No, no. The thread title.

For those of us with a warped sense of humor... it could easily be read in a light in which it was not intended.
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I wouldn't have the courage to even try it, my aim being what it is.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
    - Henry David Thoreau

I have found it helps me to stop drinking liquids after 3 PM when hammock camping. I try to get all my fluids consumed in the morning and early afternoon. Then I stop just so I can stay in my hammock all night. Not a great solution but that’s how much I hate getting up on a cold night!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    It's the same for me every day. I drink 2 small cups of coffee in the morning, 1.5L of water throughout the day at work, can of seltzer water for lunch, can of Coke at night while watching TV. I'll obviously drink more when doing landscaping in the heat, working out, etc. For the most part it's always the same.

After 130 nights of consecutive hanging, I do have a mattress coming (aka, clothes folding table). So it will be interesting to see if anything changes.

Hammock
    Too many to list here.
    Tarp
    UGQ Hex Hanger 12
    Insulation
    HG and AHE UQ/TQs
    Suspension
    DIY short whoopies
    For me sometimes it’s just once, sometimes twice... I hate having to get out because I have too many moving parts in my hammock, so getting back in, finding the sweet spot, and putting all my stuff in the order they need to go is a nuisance, so I’ve recently resorted to the “chamber pot” method, which I had used way back in the day when my hammock was a Hennessy with the Velcro slit entrance, and getting out of it felt like coming out of a womb. The chamber pot is nothing more than a wide mouth 500ml Nalgene bottle labeled accordingly. It’s working quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Backpacking trips in the tropical jungles of Latin America... Exploring our living planet from within...
    http://www.jungletreks.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast