WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    Only because you didn't get him one too.
    My husband's not bitten by the hammock bug, or hiking bug. I'm happy to say he doesn't mind hammocks strung up everywhere. I consider my hammocks 'furniture' and he's cool with that. Additional bonus? I swap out quilts like couch covers.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    for some perspective, my Econ Burrow order from 3/23 was shipped today. Nine business days had elapsed.

Shipping status is delivered! How will I make it through the last few hours of work for the excitement??

I just received my Economy TQ and UC today and all I can say is WOW. One would be Hard press to see the differences between the Econo vs the Premium quilts from Hammock Gear. I hope they are making good money on them or I don't see them selling them for long they could see a lot fewer orders for there Higher end quilts. At least for the average user. Thru-hikers may still swing for the top shelf stuff but for my money, the Eco line it tuff to beat. Two thumbs up to Hammock gear for this great deal.

Dark olive with the RR.... nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 20* short grey incubator arrived last night, and I put it up right away. It's lovely, and the material feels so nice! I'll definitely have to get a burrow as soon as funds allow.
    While it was fluffing up, I examined it and noticed a few things that puzzled me. This is my first down UQ, and I really have no idea what unexpected things are normal, and which aren't. The most concerning is that some of the baffles don't seem to be fully expanded, particularly at the very top by the head end, and towards the foot end. I gave the quilt a good shake from the sides, but it didn't really make much improvement. Haven't had a chance to test it outside, just inside with the window open on a chilly day, so I can't really tell if there are cold spots in those flatter areas. Is this normal? Does it need fixing? If so, how do I remedy it?
    The other thing is that a few bit of down came out of the main suspension channels. I thought there might be a tear somewhere inside, but it turned out to be just those few pieces.
    More experienced hammockers, what wisdom have you to share with this noob?
    Last edited by spameranne; 04-07-2017 at 15:59.

Fabric is pretty nice. I actually noticed a few loose pieces of down from mine as well, this is something I intend to keep an eye one but isn't uncommon for quilts to arrive with a few loose pieces.

I have a few stray fluffs fly out when I first opened the package, though I've been using it daily for a week and haven't seen any more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    a question - is the 10* just a 20* shell overstuffed with 2oz more down, or is it a unique shell for the temp rating?..

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly, HG DCF
    Insulation
    EE HG AHE
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    a question - is the 10* just a 20* shell overstuffed with 2oz more down, or is it a unique shell for the temp rating?..
    Extra down I think and the baffles are redesign to accept those two extra ounces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast