Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images

Flooding and Other News

I woke up this morning and walked down to the workshop to find 2" of water this morning. It's never been this bad, and usually maybe once a year when we get a mix of rain and snow. In any event, this will be the push to put that french drain in I guess.

The good news is that this will probably be the last time Loco Libre Gear has to endure this situation. We are going through zoning right now and hope to be moving into our new shop the first week of April. It's exciting (and a little scary) to be moving out of the basement and into a space 12 times larger. This was necessary in order to get LLG where I want it to be.

So where is it I want to be?

1) We will be able to tap a larger pool of experienced seamstresses. When you work out of your home the number of prospects are rather small.

2) I want our lead times to be below 4 weeks on down and 1 week on synthetics. I HATE that we are 14+ weeks and it grates on me every day, especially since I have a number of new products I want to roll out and can't do that without putting us further out.

3) As soon as our leads are under control I have an economy line of quilts that I will be rolling out that I hope to be able to ship within 48 hours. It will be built using Dutch's new Ion fabric. In addition at least one of our quilt lines is under going a face lift.

4) Other new products - well, you'll just have to wait and see, but there's a bunch of stuff coming down the pipeline.

Now, back to vaccing up water.....
    Last edited by georgecarr; 03-14-2017 at 10:16.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Sorry to hear about the flooding. That just plain sucks.

Great to hear about everything else! Congrats on your success with LLG, it is well deserved. My quilts still impress me every time I get a chance to use them.

Look forward to hearing more and seeing your continued success.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    Sorry to hear about the flooding. That just plain sucks.

Great to hear about everything else! Congrats on your success with LLG, it is well deserved. My quilts still impress me every time I get a chance to use them.

Look forward to hearing more and seeing your continued success.
    Thanks Eidson. Adapt and overcome, that's all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    George keep fighting the good fight and all else will fall into place. Don't stress if you can help it and the best to you and your new shop. It's feed back like this that keeps us fans. Sorry to hear about the water, hopefully it doesn't set you back to much and good luck with the move.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    George keep fighting the good fight and all else will fall into place. Don't stress if you can help it and the best to you and your new shop. It's feed back like this that keeps us fans. Sorry to hear about the water, hopefully it doesn't set you back to much and good luck with the move.
    Thank you for kind words. Thankfully I can see the positive,and not get weighed down with the little distractions.

Hammock
    Chameleon wide
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    LL HabUQ, SSSerTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    George as someone who has dealt with that frustration in his home, I feel your pain although the times I've dealt with it is was warmer out and we could put things outside...hard to do with the blizzard blowing through right now! I hope the cleanup goes OK - it's definitely an unplanned frustration to have to deal with.

Great to hear about the things coming down the pike for you. That is good news to look forward to - both for you and the community!

BTW - Love the Habanero I just got and look forward to putting it to use (although probably not until April)!

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. That's always rougher, but never more than when it's your home and your work all at once. Congrats on the new facility! Movin on up! Looking forward to what you have up your sleeves that I'll need to spend money on!
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
    George as someone who has dealt with that frustration in his home, I feel your pain although the times I've dealt with it is was warmer out and we could put things outside...hard to do with the blizzard blowing through right now! I hope the cleanup goes OK - it's definitely an unplanned frustration to have to deal with.

Great to hear about the things coming down the pike for you. That is good news to look forward to - both for you and the community!

BTW - Love the Habanero I just got and look forward to putting it to use (although probably not until April)!
    I'm still squishing around but it looks like we got the worst of it. Fans and dehumidifiers on high.

Can't wait to hear when you get out with your Habanero!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust78 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. That's always rougher, but never more than when it's your home and your work all at once. Congrats on the new facility! Movin on up! Looking forward to what you have up your sleeves that I'll need to spend money on!
    Thanks! I didn't think we'd be ready to move this soon, but I'm just plain out of room. Now I'll have space for that 16' cutting table I've been dreaming about

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    Sorry to hear about the flood. Good luck in getting everything back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Sorry to hear about the trouble there George. Good Luck getting cleaned up and dried out. And, more importantly, Good Luck in the new digs!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast