Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers

8' x 10' RectangularTarp Kit

I was wondering if anyone here has made the Speer 8' x 10' Rectangular Tarp? and if so what they think of it after using it some and what the difficulty of making it was?
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I didn't make one, but I do have one. It's a decent 3-season tarp, which will cover you for normal weather. In a hard, driving rain, it might be nice to have a bit more coverage, but for most weather it's pretty good.

Here it is with the foot end pitched closed, to help block wind a bit. You could drop the sides some more, but as you can see it wouldn't provide much protection from wind blown or splashed rain. Still a lot better than a HH diamond fly though...

You could look at the ENO Hammock Bliss Tarp. $50.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___67937

I'd research the forums here to get input in this or any other tarp prior to purchase.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator 20F
    Suspension
    Webbing...for now.
    I have one (got it for Christmas) but have not started on it yet. I need to find someone that can actually sew first.
    I'll be watching your post though...

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    You could look at the ENO Hammock Bliss Tarp. $50.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___67937

I'd research the forums here to get input in this or any other tarp prior to purchase.
    That's just what I am doing, as for the Hammock Bliss Tarp its a bit heaver and its a bright blue which I just can not have since very often I am sleeping places I shouldn't.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by tboss70 View Post
    I have one (got it for Christmas) but have not started on it yet. I need to find someone that can actually sew first.
    I'll be watching your post though...
    Did it come with instructions at all?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I havnt made that model of tarp, but ive done similar projects----its not hard, you just need to take your time and do a little bit at a time. If you rush and try to finish it in one day, its not going to go well. i like to do a few feet at a time ------turns out much better that way! (I made a ray jardine tarp a few years ago---turned out great, just took a while!--in fact I still use it with my hammock sometimes)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    by the way, the instructions are found in Eds hammock camping book, and also online.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    I have made a 12x10 tarp. it was pretty easy...just take your time and reinforce your tieouts...oh, and be sure to seal up the ridgeline :thumbs:
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    - Yoda

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    I've made one and have been using it about 3 years now. It's held up fine. For me the size is just right and the weight is 14 oz with lines attached. I am a beginner when it comes to sewing. The toughest part for me is the slippery sil nylon, hard to keep the folds just rignt and guide it when sewing. The sewing machine has to be set properly to feed the material along, its thin. But this is a good starter project.

• + New Posts