Hammock
    DH Sparrow Branch Camo Demo
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12 Int PM
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin 10* UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/Web

So I have come down to two vandors (Underquilt)

I am deciding on Locolibre or UGQ's for my first under quilt purchase. My question is, I have not seen any options listed or discussed online about these under quilts having an option for the UQ Hooks that comes on the Sparrow Dream Hammock. Does anyone own a UQ that has these features they could post a pic of and the manufacturer?

I figure the vendor just needs to be told to add these as a custom option, but I really wanted to see some before deciding.

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    I use a S Biner
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12 Int PM
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin 10* UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbastion View Post
    I use a S Biner
    I currently use a S-Biner on the BBB Underquilt I had hand sewn for the end cords. But my questions really center around the UQ Hooks on my Sparrow Hammock. I was hoping another Sparrow owner might have some pictures of them in use.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dragon View Post
    I currently use a S-Biner on the BBB Underquilt I had hand sewn for the end cords. But my questions really center around the UQ Hooks on my Sparrow Hammock. I was hoping another Sparrow owner might have some pictures of them in use.
    Sorry, no pics on my end, but this thread and the video in it may help...

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Hook-Mod-Video

Here are a few other threads on the topic. The pack hooks are handy on the DH for sure. I know this isn't specific to the Sparrow, but I believe the location of them are the same on the hammock as the their other hammocks.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ck-hook-option

..and one on all of the attachment points on the DH....

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...tie-out-system

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12 Int PM
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin 10* UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    Sorry, no pics on my end, but this thread and the video in it may help...

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Hook-Mod-Video

Here are a few other threads on the topic. The pack hooks are handy on the DH for sure. I know this isn't specific to the Sparrow, but I believe the location of them are the same on the hammock as the their other hammocks.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ck-hook-option

..and one on all of the attachment points on the DH....

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...tie-out-system
    Actually its stuff like this that does help, thanks this is some good info!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I am deciding on Locolibre or UGQ's for my first under quilt purchase. My question is, I have not seen any options listed or discussed online about these under quilts having an option for the UQ Hooks that comes on the Sparrow Dream Hammock. Does anyone own a UQ that has these features they could post a pic of and the manufacturer?

I figure the vendor just needs to be told to add these as a custom option, but I really wanted to see some before deciding.
    I have the UGQ Zepplin uq and use it with my Dream Hammck Thunderbird and all i do is pull up the shock cord from the Zepplin and hook it into the uq hook on the hammock and it keeps the end of the quilt nice and tight up by my shoulders and my feet as well, no extra hardware needed.
    The Zepplin and the uq hooks on my Dream hammock work nicely together, the Same thing goes for my wifes set up.
    She has a Dream hammock Sparrow and a UGQ Zepplin and her uq snugs up nice and tight to her Sparrow,, they were made for each other.!
    Here is a pic of her Zepplin on her Sparrow last month at camp.

20170204_163948_1486525016026.jpg

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    For the past 90 days or so all Zeppelin UQ have included a PH on both shoulders. The purpose of this pack hook is for you to clip it to the hammock guy out on your "Outboard" Shoulder to keep the quilt from rotating off the user during the night.

IMG_2018.jpg
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12 Int PM
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin 10* UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/Web
    Zila - I love those setups, they look really neat and tidy and love the colors too. My setup currently has a 12' HH hex tarp on loan from a friend and a BBB home made top and under quilt which kept me warm down to 50*. I was really lucky to end up with one of Randy's great hammocks, and cant say enough of how nice they were at HangCon. They definitely got me hooked on the hang bug. I have slept in my Sparrow twice so far in my backyard, but haven't fully tested my setup in the open outdoors, cant wait either.

My Plan is to pack hike for at least 3 miles to a known site we go to and setup shop. I have already decided on the tarp I want to buy and I am just waiting on RSBTR to get some niffty new tarp fabrics in before I order my tarp. Can you tell I am giddy?

Paul - Thanks for that info on the current Zeppelin, this will definitively help my choice. One question, do you offer the Branch Camo prints from OutdoorINK for the quilts?

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Zila - I love those setups, they look really neat and tidy and love the colors too. My setup currently has a 12' HH hex tarp on loan from a friend and a BBB home made top and under quilt which kept me warm down to 50*. I was really lucky to end up with one of Randy's great hammocks, and cant say enough of how nice they were at HangCon. They definitely got me hooked on the hang bug. I have slept in my Sparrow twice so far in my backyard, but haven't fully tested my setup in the open outdoors, cant wait either.

My Plan is to pack hike for at least 3 miles to a known site we go to and setup shop. I have already decided on the tarp I want to buy and I am just waiting on RSBTR to get some niffty new tarp fabrics in before I order my tarp. Can you tell I am giddy?

Paul - Thanks for that info on the current Zeppelin, this will definitively help my choice. One question, do you offer the Branch Camo prints from OutdoorINK for the quilts?
    Paul has a whole thred started on the branch camo quilts in the UGQ sub forum
    Here is one of his latest Branch Camo Zepplins
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-CAMO-ZEPPELIN

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF, Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20°, HG 40°
    Suspension
    Venom Webbing
    I have a Thunderbird with a 20° UGQ Zeppelin. When I ordered the Zeppelin they had an option for a Dream Hammock pack hook mod. It allows you to use the pack hook by your outside shoulder to be attached to the shock cord of the Underquilt. This keeps the Underquilt up on your shoulder. Pretty good feature.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast