HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    My first hammock was the el-cheapo Equip hammock from Walmart. After one night I knew I was NEVER going to sleep on the ground ( or a bed ) ever again. I didn't read all the posts on here BC I know what they all say more or less: you won't regret going with a better hammock from the start. And they are all correct. It will be longer, wider, have softer and stronger fabric, be made with tighter tolerances, be lighter and you can get the same money back promise. Sure, I still use my Equip hammock but its a child's toy compared to my WBBBXLC or my DIY hammock. You could DIY a hammock from nylon taffeta tablecloth material and get a better lay more than likely. Now, for insulation, I love my Snugpak stuff, and I've got pretty much all of it. I always recommend their stuff to folks in your position. However, you will always get better quality if you go with a cottage vendors gear. But for starting out, I would either DIY a hammock or go with a basic model from one of our cottage vendors. it promise you will not regret it !!!! And I'm sure everyone else on HF would make you the same promise.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Grand Trunk - SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue Wilderness
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    Ordered the Skeeter Beeter Pro last night, was on sale for 49.99 with $7.96 shipping on amazon in the Khaki/Olive color (I like all 3 colors anyway, and I love how Grand Trunk chooses colors that don't "stand out" in the woods like an eyesore) with the tarp/bag/suspension in the picture on page 3 or 4 I posted.

Thank you to everyone who posted and helped me! I'll post pictures and results of everything when I get it all. The bag/tarp/suspension will be here tomorrow (Amazon's wonderful prime shipping) but the hammock won't be here til estimated the 20th (since it was an outside seller who had it on sale) so I have to be a little patient with it and hope it comes earlier lol.

Edit: Any recommendations on cheap, good CCF padding? I know they have it at Walmart..if I can make it to Walmart sometimes soon, but is it the best cheap option? The results I get on the forum with searches are YEARS old and wanna make sure there isn't more current info. I also plan on fabbing up a structural internal ridgeline on the SBP.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345