11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

Women's weekend - Female Responses Only

Who has successfully had a hammocking weekend with only women? How did it come to fruition? Was it just you and some friends of yours? Was it local or did you travel to meet with others?

I'm curious to know about those who have done this and all the details on how you did it and what worked/ what didn't. If getting more women hammocking is about reaching out individually to women, then maybe some women only weekends make it a bit more comfortable for newbies.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    I would like to do this. I have zero women friends who hammock camp. I'm curious too.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I have yet to do this - there's only 2 of us in my group of friends that hammock camp. I would be down with a weekend get together!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Well, I have had plenty of women only camp and back pack and paddle trips but my women friends all have tents and only one or two are curious about hanging. I doubt any of my other friends would want to dish out the cash to get a whole set up. (or spend the time making hammocks--they aren't sewers--neither am I for that matter. Can't sew a button on a shirt without it falling off). If there were plenty of set ups to borrow they would be happy to try it I am sure.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    LOL! I've never been on anything EXCEPT all female hangs! I've gone on five group hiking/hammock camping trips since last Spring. One group consisted of two older moms (54 and 62) and their two daughters (one was 14, the older 30)...the 62 year old and 30 year old were total newbies, had never slept in a hammock before and were using all borrowed equipment. The other four group trips consisted of my regular set--a 74 year old, 60 year old, 54 year old, and 14 year old....three generations of my family and a friend.

I keep trying to go on a HF group hang, but it never seems to work out scheduling wise. Meanwhile, though my own group of regulars aren't as hard-core as I'd sometimes wish(!), they are hilarious! We may be pathetic hikers, but we always have an absolute blast!

None of my fellow hangers live in my area (except my daughter who lives with me), but we just meet up for our hangs. We try to plan a trip every two to three months around the year...some close, some very distant. It's always an adventure!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    LOL! I've never been on anything EXCEPT all female hangs! I've gone on five group hiking/hammock camping trips since last Spring. One group consisted of two older moms (54 and 62) and their two daughters (one was 14, the older 30)...the 62 year old and 30 year old were total newbies, had never slept in a hammock before and were using all borrowed equipment. The other four group trips consisted of my regular set--a 74 year old, 60 year old, 54 year old, and 14 year old....three generations of my family and a friend.

I keep trying to go on a HF group hang, but it never seems to work out scheduling wise. Meanwhile, though my own group of regulars aren't as hard-core as I'd sometimes wish(!), they are hilarious! We may be pathetic hikers, but we always have an absolute blast!

None of my fellow hangers live in my area (except my daughter who lives with me), but we just meet up for our hangs. We try to plan a trip every two to three months around the year...some close, some very distant. It's always an adventure!
    Sounds pretty awesome!

I'm sure it would be difficult to accommodate a distance that's suitable for everyone in this group, but maybe we could try

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've introduced my niece and another friend who bought their own hammocks. We try to get out locally and invite other tent dwellers to join us. Many are curious, try mine and like it but are still not ready to change their old habits just yet, plus the cost of the change over. A gathering would be great fun, let's see if we can get local chapters started.
    "And into the Forest I Go... to Lose my Mind and Find my Soul"
    Unknown

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    Sounds pretty awesome!

I'm sure it would be difficult to accommodate a distance that's suitable for everyone in this group, but maybe we could try

That's so nice of you, but, really, don't worry about trying to plan anything around us. I think that would be a logistical nightmare--LOL! As a group, we are astonishingly slow hikers (just ask my daughter!) and geographically none of us are anywhere remotely near your neck of the woods...we are all down in the Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma area.

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am looking to go to Ricketts Glen, Pa. No date yet. Check out the website. Any one interested?
    "And into the Forest I Go... to Lose my Mind and Find my Soul"
    Unknown

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeshadow View Post
    I am looking to go to Ricketts Glen, Pa. No date yet. Check out the website. Any one interested?
    Ricketts Glen is my partner and I's FAVORITE place to camp. We've car camped there for years... sometimes bring our kayaks. I would DEFINITELY be interested!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast