Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    Up here in Northern California we had a 4.1 with an epicenter just three miles from my house, never felt a thing. Wife said it shook the house a little. Of course if it's not a 6+ I usually don't even bother getting up;<)
    Was that the one we had on December 28th? I wasn't in the hammock for that one, but the initial quake and aftershocks were felt very well in my house.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Images
    I scrambled to get out of the hammock- the Pacific Northwest is due for a major earthquake and the question "Is this the big one?" runs through one's mind. The epicenter was actually just NE of Dewatto Bay on Hood Canal- Belfair is the biggest town near there. I perceived shaking rather than rolling motion but hard to tell because it was so short. I have lived in earthquake zones most of my life so have experienced them a number of times.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    You might see if you can rent the movie, L.A. story. When I lived in Huntington Beach for a while, I was new to California. There would be these ... rumbles ... and everyone would just go about their business. There's a scene in L.A. Story where such an event happens at a restaurant. But Hood Canal - That's a different - should I say it - kettle of fish.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I've been through a relatively small quake while hanging in my hammock in my bedroom. I heard it long before I felt it, but the very mild shaking only last a few seconds. I live in SW Mo and we rarely have quakes. My guess is fracking, but don't know, or really care....

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light &amp; waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    So, this wasn't the BIG one...yet. Glad you survived to tell us about it.

Felt a number of them through the years in MT and WY. Most were like a big truck rumbling by. The weirdest one was while working as a carpenter remodeling on the fourth floor of a old stone historic building in Helena, MT. We happened to be looking out the window at the bank building across the street when it seemed that the bank sort of wobbled a bit.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Was that the one we had on December 28th? I wasn't in the hammock for that one, but the initial quake and aftershocks were felt very well in my house.

It was February 3rd and apparently has been downgraded to a 3.7 based in Redway California quite a bit farther north than you;<) but we have so many I lose track. My family back East who lives in Tornado Alley thinks we're crazy for living in California because of the earthquakes LOL

The funny part is according to several new studies they're part of the country may be prone to even bigger and more damaging earthquakes than the West Coast, just not as often, but considering the population density is bigger they have the potential to cause more monetary damage and death. Hope they're in a hammock when it hits so they can snooze them.:<)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28374082
    Last edited by Carrico; 02-26-2017 at 00:09.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Had a 7 something on the Queen Charlotte Islands a couple yrs ago and it rumbled through the hood in Terrace BC and one could literally feel the waves roll through just like being in light surf....GF was freakin but I was just soaking up the ride woooohoooo. Lasted for a good bit too.
    Before that all I have felt is some 4 somethings quakes in the Toronto area which equate to thunder from the ground.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12