Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I carry my stakes in a “stake bag” (yes, one more item) points up so they are not pressing into the bottom of the bag. The points are below the edge of the a bag so they don’t bother anything in that direction either.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    I have my stakes in a bag and my lines in the snakeskin with my rainfly.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    I keep my guy lines attached to the stake. I use a bit of shock cord on my tarp tie out spots, but instead of Dutch bling I use a mini-evoloop prusiked to the guy line. I soft link that with the shock cord, and then tie off (using a slip knot) the guy line to prevent slippage of the Prusik. I find it quick and easy, and it seems to me easier to do than when I used Dutch bling. Bonus, you can make your own mini evoloops using rope and an Ashley stopper knot.

Here’s a picture of mini evoloops:
    F8B6111E-D146-46AF-A087-5C4322F4D059.jpeg

They are super easy to make, and hella cheap as a result. If you want a demo, I could find one easily enough.

This video demonstrates how a soft link connects, except I’m using a loop of shock cord around the button knot of my mini evoloops (that is attached to my guyline).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bneFPh2qhOE
    Last edited by KingMob; 04-24-2021 at 00:50.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Another +1 for lines staying on the tarp. My most used tarps (WL tadpole and WB edge) have 7' of micro cord with 3/32" shock cord tensioners on each tieout. Stakes (ti shepherd hooks or small j stakes, depending on terrain) live in a separate bag and are attached via a marlinspike hitch when needed.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

+1 for lines staying on the tarp. I can use the tarp without stakes (using rocks, trees, roots, etc.).

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBonBon View Post
    +1 for lines staying on the tarp. I can use the tarp without stakes (using rocks, trees, roots, etc.).
    Good, simple answer. I do this a lot. Sometimes when packing for a trip I'll even decide ahead of time if I'm going to even take stakes.

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    For those of you that keep your lines fixed to the tarp and also have a tarp snakeskin, how do you quickly deploy or rollup the tarp? Seems as though you'd have to pull the stakes if using a MSH? I currently have tarp hooks from Dutch so I can disconnect and reconnect easily but curious what other methods people have come up with?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    For those of you that keep your lines fixed to the tarp and also have a tarp snakeskin, how do you quickly deploy or rollup the tarp? Seems as though you'd have to pull the stakes if using a MSH? I currently have tarp hooks from Dutch so I can disconnect and reconnect easily but curious what other methods people have come up with?
    I just undo the lines and start pulling the snakeskin. Sometimes I roll each line around my hand neatly, but other times I just swallow the whole mess. Usually things don't get tangled. I use small plastic figure 9s. Nothing against Dutchware, just being cheap.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    I might be missing something here, but I just pull up the stakes, detach/untie the lines, make a fold or two in the tarp (the lines get swallowed up), and pull the skins over the tarp. Easy-peasy. My line-to-stake connection is either a clove hitch, a tautline hitch, or a WB tarp tick.

Deploying is just reverse order: pull back the skin and stake it out. One side at a time if it's breezy.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Packing up, I usually pull the sleeve until I hit the lines, then sort of roll them into the tarp. Deploying is just the reverse. If it's really windy, I'll only pull the sleeve halfway and at least loosely stake out the exposed corners, then adjust as needed after staking the rest out.
    I use micro cord on most of my tarps, which can tangle pretty easily if you're not careful, but rolling it inside the tarp I've not had any issues.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast