Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug

SHT Horseshoe Ridge water access?

Hello,
    I will be heading to the Superior Hiking Trail out of George H Crosby Manitou and plan to stay at the Horseshoe Ridge campsite. My questions is if there is water access here? Thanks guys!
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There is a small stream (very small) that has always been good. That is going to be a tough hike in snow! Keep in mind the stream will more than likely be frozen.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Below is my video of last trip to Horse Ridge from the other direction.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Thank you for your response Shug, that was my fear, that the water source was small , and thus more than likely frozen over. For that reason, I will modify this trip to just hiking along the Manitou within the park, that way there will be no issues obtaining water. Tonight will be site 3, then site 14! Hopefully it will not be too difficult to follow and see the trail getting there with the snow. I'm gonna find out!
    P.S. Thank you for all of your hard work and devoted time making videos. They truly are spectacular and fun to watch! And not to flatter you too much, but you were my first inspiration to get into backpacking! So it's an honor to have you reply to me! Take care,

Clinton
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Hey Gopher, I do the trail maintenance for that section of the SHT from Crosby Manitou to Caribou Wayside. Shug's information is dead on so I have nothing to add but wanted to ask if you wouldn't mind posting here how it looked after your hike so I have a heads up for the spring on how it fared over the winter. I would greatly appreciate it, my busy time is during the winter so I never make it up there till May or so.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Thank you for your reply, and yes I most certainly will get some pictures. I'm very new to working on the Forums so it may take me a bit to figure it out but I shall sure try. Thanks for your work on the trails!

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Thanks Gopher, enjoy your hike! My favorite section on the trail.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Hey by the way, did you do a section with Jaxx and Grapenut last summer? You look like a dude that was on the trail with them?

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Aye that was me and my dog.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHanger View Post
    Thank you for your response Shug, that was my fear, that the water source was small , and thus more than likely frozen over. For that reason, I will modify this trip to just hiking along the Manitou within the park, that way there will be no issues obtaining water. Tonight will be site 3, then site 14! Hopefully it will not be too difficult to follow and see the trail getting there with the snow. I'm gonna find out!
    P.S. Thank you for all of your hard work and devoted time making videos. They truly are spectacular and fun to watch! And not to flatter you too much, but you were my first inspiration to get into backpacking! So it's an honor to have you reply to me! Take care,

Clinton
    Be very careful crossing the creek that separates campsites 13 and 14 from the main trail. It can be really icy and steep. So take heed. Campsite 10 is a nice site on the river.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Thank you for the fair warning, I am bringing some Kahtoola microspikes, and trekking poles, but I will exercise caution! I appreciate that...thanks guys!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast