Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    Hi Latt,

Both the HH Explorer Deluxe and the WBBB XLC are 11-footers.
    Are you sure? I used to own a HH Safari and, though I never actually measured it, it seemed significantly shorter than my 11' DIY. I would imagine the explorer to be a little shorter than or equal in length to the Safari.

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Well I was sure, right up until you asked!

When I first bought it, I recall that the HH Expedition was the 10' hammock and the Explorer Deluxe was the 11' hammock. HH's website lists the Explorer Deluxe at 130", or 10'10". The Safari is listed on the HH website at 12' (144").

Well I was sure, right up until you asked!

When I first bought it, I recall that the HH Expedition was the 10' hammock and the Explorer Deluxe was the 11' hammock. HH's website lists the Explorer Deluxe at 130", or 10'10". The Safari is listed on the HH website at 12' (144").
    That's really strange... Maybe there is some secret Hennessy whipping sauce or something they use to make the hammocks seem shorter, because I may be wrong about the Safari being shorter than my 11-footer, but I'm absolutely dead sure it's not longer, and nowhere near 12'...

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    My original HH Expedition ('03 or '04 model) is 9 feet long, with an 8 foot ridgeline. So, maybe the specs are Based on the unfinished fabric blank?

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Ton View Post
    My original HH Expedition ('03 or '04 model) is 9 feet long, with an 8 foot ridgeline. So, maybe the specs are Based on the unfinished fabric blank?
    In general, the nominal designation for a hammock is its finished length, i.e., an 11-foot hammock is made from a piece of material longer than 132". A company may round up by a very small margin, say 4" or (ideally) less, but if they used a different system for reference in the past, it is likely they have conformed to this norm in recent years. I always verify the actual specs if I am considering a hammock, ideally confirmed by information from an independent review.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Thanks for all the input guys!

I managed to pledge for a wide version before the kickstarter ended.

I have seen some comments on the effect wide hammocks have on underquilts, does anyone care to elaborate?

I have a hammockgear full length underquilt that I love. It works great with my HH, and I sure hope it will fit for the wide Chameleon.

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Hello! Has anyone received a wide Chameleon yet? Would love to hear a review!

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hello! Has anyone received a wide Chameleon yet? Would love to hear a review!
    Yes, check out the post I just made in the picture thread, right here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...42#post1764342

If that leaves you with any more questions regarding wide, comment here and I'll answer as best as I can.

Hammock
    Bearded H.- Chameleon on the way!
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    L.L. UQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I received my wide and set it up this past weekend. I am 6'4" and, well not skinny. I have to say that the wide may be too-wide and just extra bulk. There is a rather large amount of extra material at head and feet, I guess it is because of the integrated net pulling up the sides, but it seems like a lot more extra material than my standard wide Dutch hammock single layer in 1.6. There is a LOT of stretch, and this makes the sides appear even higher. I would probably be just fine in (or prefer) a standard width, or if there was a double layer option it may flatten out more and not make me feel so "engulfed" by the hammock?

This is my first integrated hammock. I think Dutch did a great job and love all the gadgets and attachment points, just not sure if I like it enough to go into my carry line up. I am still trying to get used to the Chameleon, but my current Fronkey style bug net and basic hammock is foolproof and easier access than fiddling with zippers, and it allows the hammock to swing free and "do its thing", without pulling upward and interfering with the lie.

I give this as a reference for others who are still deciding- YMMV.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    I have a couple of wide Dutch hammocks already and got a wide chameleon too. I like it just like I like the regular hammocks. The net and pullouts do a great job of taking care of extra material.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast