Chameleon 2.4 Coy-Bro
    Tarp
    HG CF 12ft W/Doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator20* UQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema, Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet2005 View Post
    Well that ought to annoy the wife to no end. She didn't want me ordering a new hammock until I sold the old one. However, despite that I just pulled the trigger on a Hexon 1.6 Chameleon in Coyote Brown. Now to wait anxiously and hope it arrives in time for the Fall MAHHA...
    You're gonna love it! I have the 2.4 coyote Brown. I went with titanium top cover. Love the two together. But titanium grey is hard to find in other items to match the setup I've found, just an fyi. I did just receive my 20* UQ in titanium grey outer shell. Can't wait to take it all out!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    It's gonna be a while until I buy another piece of gear lol. I shot my gear savings all to hell to buy the Chameleon. Next up is a new tarp. Hoping I can talk my buddy from work into buying my ENO gear and then put that money towards the new tarp, and sell him the old one. Maybe a new UQ after that.... For most of the season when I camp I'm golden with my sleeping bag liner and woobie from the service. Supply sergeant thought I was gonna turn it in when I got out...

First weekend in my Chameleon. AHE underquilt and top quilt. My daughter wanted my Netty. Fantastic night sleep, very roomy. Looking forward to some winter camping in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon 2.4 Coy-Bro
    Tarp
    HG CF 12ft W/Doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator20* UQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema, Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet2005 View Post
    It's gonna be a while until I buy another piece of gear lol. I shot my gear savings all to hell to buy the Chameleon. Next up is a new tarp. Hoping I can talk my buddy from work into buying my ENO gear and then put that money towards the new tarp, and sell him the old one. Maybe a new UQ after that.... For most of the season when I camp I'm golden with my sleeping bag liner and woobie from the service. Supply sergeant thought I was gonna turn it in when I got out...
    Haha i know the feeling! My wife and I just bought all new hammock gear. Two chameleon full sets, two cuben tarps with doors and Dutch bling, two UQ. Two peak lofts, two other storage things. We need top quilts yet, but those will wait a bit. In the mean to.e gonna use our sleeping bags. Then i think our gear savings will need a looonnnggg time to recoup lol. I need to find some buyers for our two Hennessey hammocks and our Clark vortex double. Then maybe we can get our top quilts. We've never really hammock camped before though. Always took the tents. But my back is thanking me already with these chameleons. BUT you should look into the incubator econ quilts. I keep hearing how amazing they are for the cost. Anyways enjoy!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieRon View Post

First weekend in my Chameleon. AHE underquilt and top quilt. My daughter wanted my Netty. Fantastic night sleep, very roomy. Looking forward to some winter camping in it too.

On that grey hammock, you should move the tie outs the two d rings at the head and foot. however many people don't use them at all.

Dutch
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    On that grey hammock, you should move the tie outs the two d rings at the head and foot. however many people don't use them at all.

Dutch
    Dutch,

First, thanks for the killer service.

Second, I'll check that out. I actually just hooked them up for the picture, and definitely in the wrong spots. Right now I'm working with the under quilt to dial it in.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Hammock
    Chameleon #8 '17
    Tarp
    Tarp got boo boo
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoops-n-Biners
    Slept out with the new pup 'Ammo' in the Chameleon in the Pines. Bug net off. A test night in the ol yard hammock lab in an old hammock lead to a rouge jump and 7 holes to patch.

Got below 50

I always sleep with Ammo

Sup?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Well this morning I am equal parts excited and annoyed. I'm excited because my Chameleon arrives today! Annoyed because the mail doesn't arrive until after I go to work... So it'll be dark long before I see my new hammock. Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. I gotta say Dutch has awesome service, I just ordered it Friday and it'll be in today. Four days is a very fast turn around indeed! I already pulled by ENO Double, bugnet, and straps out of my pack and transferred them into storage in the gear closet. Can't wait to see how much extra room I get in my pack now.

Update: Since I told Blake that our new gear is coming in today, he's now sitting at the window in my office looking out for the mailman. I swear he loves hiking and camping as much as I do, maybe more!
    Last edited by Vet2005; 09-19-2017 at 09:52.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Okay I got the new Chameleon up this morning in the backyard and I have to say, Dutch you are a genius! I only laid in it for a few minutes so far and it's so much more comfortable than my ENO was. The pictures don't do it justice, but its still mid morning and my backyard doesn't really get any sun until about the time I leave for work. I'll try for some better ones this weekend when I camp out overnight in the yard. Yes in the one picture you can see my camping partner in the background. He didn't want to miss out and kept coming over to see what I was doing as I set it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    1.6 at last NC Hammockforums Hang in Hot Springs, NC.

IMG_7336.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast