Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Snowshoes

I've got a pair of 30-inch Redfeather snowshoes that are just begging to get out and explore. This pair is an older model that I only used a couple of times -- they look almost new (a few scratches on the aluminum frame). They have sharp steel crampons on both toe and heel which provide a good grip. They are what I would call a "recreational" rather than a "backcountry" model -- great for a day hike, overnight, or weekend trip in moderate terrain, but maybe not for winter mountaineering. These are similar to what Redfeather currently calls their Hike series ($149): see http://www.redfeather.com/product/hike-men/

Here is the weight chart for Redfeather snowshoes (includes weight of hiker, backpack, etc.): http://www.redfeather.com/size-guide/ It looks like this pair is ideal up to about 220 lbs. Of course, if you're not the one who's breaking a new trail all day, they'll handle a lot more.

Price is $75 via PayPal including shipping costs up to $16 (gets it from Northeast to Chicago). A big box is expensive to ship, even though this one's not very heavy. Any shipping costs beyond $16 to be covered by buyer. I have them boxed and can ship promptly. If you want to check shipping costs, just send me a PM. Or you can them for yourself -- the box is 31" L x 9" H x 12" W and shipping weight from zipcode 14580 is 8 lbs.

Updated: Price dropped to $65! It's a great deal on $149 snowshoes!

Redfeather Above.jpgRedfeather Below.jpgRedfeather Crampon - Toe .jpgRedfeather Crampons - All.jpgRedfeather Logo.jpg
    Last edited by Marlin; 02-11-2017 at 08:58.
    "I'll circle in the helicopter with the camera while Jim flushes out the wild rhino on foot." -Marlin Perkins

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, HH UL Explr Asym
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Bump and price drop!

Price dropped per note above.
    "I'll circle in the helicopter with the camera while Jim flushes out the wild rhino on foot." -Marlin Perkins

Hammock
    WBRR/Dutchware Half Wit
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    AHE/JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I've got a pair of 30-inch Redfeather snowshoes that are just begging to get out and explore. This pair is an older model that I only used a couple of times -- they look almost new (a few scratches on the aluminum frame). They have sharp steel crampons on both toe and heel which provide a good grip. They are what I would call a "recreational" rather than a "backcountry" model -- great for a day hike, overnight, or weekend trip in moderate terrain, but maybe not for winter mountaineering. These are similar to what Redfeather currently calls their Hike series ($149): see http://www.redfeather.com/product/hike-men/

Here is the weight chart for Redfeather snowshoes (includes weight of hiker, backpack, etc.): http://www.redfeather.com/size-guide/ It looks like this pair is ideal up to about 220 lbs. Of course, if you're not the one who's breaking a new trail all day, they'll handle a lot more.

Price is $75 via PayPal including shipping costs up to $16 (gets it from Northeast to Chicago). A big box is expensive to ship, even though this one's not very heavy. Any shipping costs beyond $16 to be covered by buyer. I have them boxed and can ship promptly. If you want to check shipping costs, just send me a PM. Or you can them for yourself -- the box is 31" L x 9" H x 12" W and shipping weight from zipcode 14580 is 8 lbs.

Updated: Price dropped to $65! It's a great deal on $149 snowshoes!

Redfeather Above.jpgRedfeather Below.jpgRedfeather Crampon - Toe .jpgRedfeather Crampons - All.jpgRedfeather Logo.jpg
    I'll take it, PM to follow

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, HH UL Explr Asym
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Payment rec'd -- snowshoes sold. Thanks!

• + New Posts