UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    My buddy Hickery shows his Clark.
    Shug
    Thanks for that, Shug. That Hickery's a fun character, for sure.
    "What's the best gift you can give a kid?
    Happily married parents!"

I love my 270. Used it two weeks ago in 30 degrees with a Cabela's Alaskan guide sleeping bag with no under quilt and didn't get cold.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    I've had the North American for quite a few years and trips. I also have the WBBB XLC. The Clarks are just about all gathered end hammocks. Nothing special on that angle. How it's played out for me is that my Clark is what I take in colder weather. 50s to 30s. I find the weather shield and netting great. Well thought out and adds a lot of interior warmth. Nice to keep clothes in the pocket and have warm stuff to put on in the morning. The pockets are more use to me than the WBBB "shelf". I like that there is no dedicated side I have to use getting in and out.

I don't like the connection from the tarp to the netting. Always a pain to set correctly for me. The NX series fixes that with the poles. It's not as comfortable as the WBBB just factoring in laying on the fabric. However i have far better luck keeping an underquilt in place on the Clark. The asym lay of the BB when really maxed out always causes my UQ to ride off to side overnight and I wake up with frozen feet. So best nights in the Warbonnet are more often mid 50s and up where the UQ is just extra comfort and not complete nessesity or not needed at all. I have 1/8" foam that works great for that hammock with its double bottom. Foam in the Clark is terrible at best for me.

Once it gets warmer the NA is too warm to me. Gets stuffy really. The Warbonnet feels better on warmer days for me. I like the ridge line on the BB as it makes it easier to set the hang right. I like the suspension on the BB better than the Clark ropes. Still with a couple of rings or good carabiners and the ropes are not that hard to use either.

Under 30 degrees I'm not really interested in hammocking. I've found that by 20 degrees is dang hard for me to hack it in the air. Even small insulation issues become major problems for sleeping. If there are going to be many nights below 30 then I'm probably on the ground if I have to be out there.
    Last edited by photomankc; 04-04-2017 at 23:29.

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Clark
    Insulation
    HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch bkl & whoopi
    I have used a NX-150 for the last 4 years. I appreciate it, but not as much as a gathered end I am able to sleep diagonally in. I am actually getting out of the Clarks I have because of this. Sometimes I am up too many times as night. I appreciated that it had everything contained in the unit, but it just didn't work out in the end.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12