DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    i just put an 'adjuster cord' on each end with a cord lock, which connects the clew to my hammock suspension. I just adjust it to fit using the cord lock, and it works great.
    Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    Can you post a pic?
    I can't right now, but if you look at the picture in Leiavoia's post #1 of this thread, the red cord labeled 'Adjustable cord ties to hammock suspension' is the thing I am talking about.

HTH

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I can't right now, but if you look at the picture in Leiavoia's post #1 of this thread, the red cord labeled 'Adjustable cord ties to hammock suspension' is the thing I am talking about.

HTH
    Thanks. Do you have a long set of clews that you adjust down, or a short set that you lengthen as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    Thanks. Do you have a long set of clews that you adjust down, or a short set that you lengthen as needed?
    I believe what Crazytown3 is talking about is the rigid cordage that ties the clews to the hammock itself. It's the red lines on either end of the UQ in this image.

Instead of having them at a fixed length, Crazytown3 has a cord lock so that they can be adjusted for length. I hope that makes sense to you.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I believe what Crazytown3 is talking about is the rigid cordage that ties the clews to the hammock itself. It's the red lines on either end of the UQ in this image.
    Instead of having them at a fixed length, Crazytown3 has a cord lock so that they can be adjusted for length. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Thanks Vryce, that's exactly what I was talking about.

Insulation
    Gemini Clone
    Thanks for pointing that out Crazytown3, I was planning to just clip straight into my suspension. I'll have to do some math to see what some good middle ground numbers are. Hopefully it isn't too critical as I'm getting started. If only it would just stay warm like it was today (today and tomorrow it's in the 80s and Saturday it's going to be in the 30s with a threat of snow).

Tomorrow I can pick up the throws and make Castor since I'm still waiting on the grosgrain to get here. I should also be able to give a basic overview of the throws I'm using since they aren't the DBD ones recommended/listed.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Once you get it built, I think you will find the clew suspension is more forgiving than you might think. Try clipping it directly to your suspension, it just might be okay. if then the clews are stretched out to far, add the adjuster cord to attach to your hammock.

Insulation
    Gemini Clone
    I might pick up a couple cord locks then (going to browse the web and my local shelves). I'm anticipating having some extra amsteel blue after I figure out my ridge line (bought two 25' lengths from Dutch in different colors), that would probably work well so I'm not trying to apply tension to shock cord with more shock cord. Looks like most of my clews are going to end up being 12" so that they stretch a little for the 8' hammock (about an inch on each end).

Edit: I did a quick stretch check with my shock cord (for some reason I ordered 2.5mm-3/32", hopefully that doesn't cause too much trouble). I'm definitely going to need that adjustable line for the longer hammocks (we'll see how the shorter ones sleep). It didn't like stretching to double its length.
    Last edited by GrimCape2698130; 04-11-2018 at 22:54.

Insulation
    Gemini Clone
    I received the throws today. They are soft, cuddly, 100% polyester, and have awkwardly sized blocks. Not at all what I've seen depicted for Gemini.

I learned a couple things without even ripping the seams. Which brings up a question that has probably been addressed, does it matter if I have squares or channels when the quilt has sheet insulation?

Lesson 1, when the nice people on this forum (in this case leiavoia) say they have tested out other options, chances are that as somebody who is new to this thinking you're ahead may set you behind. I should have just ordered the Costco throws that are linked in the Gemini page, but I thought I could find something comparable on Amazon since I was already using my prime shipping. Without paying excessive prices for the same throws available through Costco, I didn't find anything comparable other than size. All of that said, I will still use them for Gemini as a test run/extra insulating layer in the future. I will be ordering the blankets from Costco and getting more KAMsnaps and shock cord to do a normal run of Gemini.

Lesson 2, is that when ordering stuff online and through Amazon. Make sure you know that you're only getting one color of something even though the description says 16 colors. Luckily I got the color grosgrain I was already planning to use.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    This is one of the most well thought out threads I’ve ever seen and the instructions are fantastic .
    I posted a link on BCUSA in the hammock forum .
    I’m building one now . The only thing I’m doing differently is cutting open the throws and stuffing in extra down . Started out with a down recovery device made with a tube noseeum and a vacuum .
    Ran out of patience as usual and just grabbed handfuls of down and stuffed it in .
    I don’t recommend this in the house especially if your marriage is a little shaky anyway .

• + New Posts
  • Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast