Hammock
    HH Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex Asym
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    HH Stock w/rings
    Last weekend my wife spent her first night with the Gemini I made her. Worked out great! It got down to 45* and she was just fine with the setup in summer mode, with a space blanket between the UQ and the hammock and wearing thermals. This is impressive because she's a cold sleeper. Looking forward to seeing how low we can get using "shoulder season" and "cold season" modes.

One thing that's different about her setup is that it isn't down filled. I can't find the Costco down quilt in my area, but last spring they were selling the same size quilt insulated with Primaloft. Seems to work just fine

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    In many cases the primaloft works as good if not better. Down has the advantages of warmth to weight ratio and how well it compresses. There’s nothing that says down is warmer than primaloft. If those aren’t critical factors then sounds like you have a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

I was able to find the down quilts online, but they were under a different name brand than Double Black Diamond. here is the link to them. https://www.costco.com/Blue-Ridge-AC...100506435.html

Hammock
    HH Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex Asym
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    HH Stock w/rings
    Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    In many cases the primaloft works as good if not better. Down has the advantages of warmth to weight ratio and how well it compresses. There’s nothing that says down is warmer than primaloft. If those aren’t critical factors then sounds like you have a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex Asym
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    HH Stock w/rings
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8dave37 View Post
    I was able to find the down quilts online, but they were under a different name brand than Double Black Diamond. here is the link to them. https://www.costco.com/Blue-Ridge-AC...100506435.html
    Thanks for the link. But Costco.com won't deliver to Canada. And the Canadian site doesn't have the quilts.

I have heard rumours of some Canadian Costco's stocking them, but Ive never seen them.

Hopefully we will get the synth ones back in stock this winter and I will be able to pick up a few more for some other projects

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    Good question. As is, no. With a few more easy snaps, yes.

The way i designed it is meant for head-left orientation. If you lay it out it as-is and try to reverse fold it, you will see that the snaps don't line up any more.

If you want an ambidextrous version, it only takes the addition of a few snaps along the edge. You can easily eyeball these.
    Please for a noob can you please elaborate a little on head-left orientation Vs head-right orientation.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaTurtle View Post
    Please for a noob can you please elaborate a little on head-left orientation Vs head-right orientation.
    New version 2.0 is ambidextrous (as documented currently on website). No extra thought required.

Working on my underquilt with this basic design, but a sewed version, with mini carabiners (will probably swap out for a less study/heavy 'mitten hook' in the near future.) Big thanks to Leiavoia for this awesome design, info, and all her fantastic YouTube videos!! I'd have been overwhelmed without them.
    IMG_20190921_140332190.jpg

I just unrolled my two blue ridge active down quilts from Costco. I’ve seen thicker pop tarts. But I am a warm sleeper and curious to see what happens so I shall proceed.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Suspension
    DIY Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Diplomat View Post
    I just unrolled my two blue ridge active down quilts from Costco. I’ve seen thicker pop tarts.
    My Double Black Diamond throws from a couple of years ago were the same. I've only used them in mild weather because I don't trust them below freezing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast