Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Diplomat View Post
    Me too. When the tiny envelope arrived,I thought I'd been sent a fly line tippet. Imagine my surprise when I opened it. I have thicker dress shoe laces.
    Keep in mind that the clew suspension has a lot of lines. When you have all of those lines connected to your quilt that very thin cord actually provides quite a bit of tension. Going to a thicker shock cord will make your suspension very very taut.

What's the point of the snapped footbox? Is it only needed if you decide to use it as a top quilt?

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL UQ, WB Diamond
    Suspension
    Whoopie or BH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhitter View Post
    What's the point of the snapped footbox? Is it only needed if you decide to use it as a top quilt?
    Yes, that is optional. If you initially don't use it as a TQ you can choose to add the footbox snaps later, if desired.

Last weekend I used mine as a 1-layer UQ and TQ and it worked great in 65F overnight. I began the night without the UQ. (minimal breeze and high dew point)

My most common use is in 2-layer "shoulder" season mode. And I stack it with a 20F Loco Libre UQ for winter camping.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Is there any drawback to removing two baffles, width wise? My plan was to reduce it from 70" x 60" to 70" x 50" and move the down from two of the long baffles into the other baffles. From my understanding, typical underquilts are about 50" wide so this would be in alignment with that?
    Last edited by switchgear; 08-15-2020 at 16:32.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by switchgear View Post
    Is there any drawback to removing two baffles, width wise? My plan was to reduce it from 70" x 60" to 70" x 50" and move the down from two of the long baffles into the other baffles. From my understanding, typical underquilts are about 50" wide so this would be in alignment with that?
    I don't think there is any drawback to that. I think others have done that, and added the extra baffles on to the head/foot end to extend the length. Also might just sew the two extra baffles on to the head/foot ends but just on the inside, creating a draft collar of sorts.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG UL Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Dang. I feel like I deserve a medal or badge or something for pulling all those seams.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG UL Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    So this took waaaaay longer than I care to admit to, but I'm happy with the results. I think it will go a long way to keeping the shock cord from getting tangled up.

29615D08_138E_4B6C_A524_AF5F9297141D_IMG_1538.jpg
    Last edited by *jblo*; 08-29-2020 at 23:04.

Hammock
    DIY GE 12’ Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    CDT Gemini DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopi slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by *jblo* View Post
    So this took waaaaay longer than I care to admit to, but I'm happy with the results. I think it will go a long way to keeping the shock cord from getting tangled up.

Use a Beastie D instead of a mini carabiner - brilliant! I just finished ripping seams and was starting to punch my kamsnaps. Now I need to order some D rings to copy this idea. Of all the threads on Hammock Forums, this one has blown my mind the most. And it just keeps on giving.

With your end weave - did you skips every 1 clew or 2? I can’t quite tell from the pic.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG UL Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWx View Post
    Use a Beastie D instead of a mini carabiner - brilliant! I just finished ripping seams and was starting to punch my kamsnaps. Now I need to order some D rings to copy this idea. Of all the threads on Hammock Forums, this one has blown my mind the most. And it just keeps on giving.

With your end weave - did you skips every 1 clew or 2? I can’t quite tell from the pic.
    1/2" Beastie D is money. And the weave basically eliminates the possibility of the shock cord getting jumbled up when not under tension. With each successive weave, I left out a pair of loops - one from each side. It took 2 tries and over an hour to make it nice. Hoping the next side goes faster now that I've figured out how to do it. Good luck!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by *jblo* View Post

Really nice job on that. Looks great, and the Beastie D is a great addition.

• + New Posts
  • Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast