Hammock
    WBBB XLC DBL, WBBB 1.7, Eno Double
    Tarp
    Noah 12', Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, JRB SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I placed an order for a 3 season w/1 ounce overstuff this evening. The video helped with color choices. I like the green/brown contrast in shugs video. Now the wait begins.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    Is grace the ununch guarding the underquilt harem? If so which vendor did you get it through ?Dutch maybe Paul? And finally does she takes as long to recharge as the Luci light, for her surveillance programming?
    I lured her from K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    Hey shug! Which one ya like better?

Ok that was joking.

Best to not express any sense of favoritism among concubines as chaos will no doubt ensue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They all have my deepest devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by JGSmith View Post
    I placed an order for a 3 season w/1 ounce overstuff this evening. The video helped with color choices. I like the green/brown contrast in shugs video. Now the wait begins.
    Hoping it serves you well and goodly.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hear, hear...the Wooki. Ol' Shug of the Third Person gives a tour of his 0º Wooki.
    Slept out in my 0º Wooki last night and it got down to 9º. I was ever-so warm in it. It was put on my XLC and I got in at 12º and never ever had any feel of a cold buttocks. Impressive.
    The loose sides are a non issue. Just part of the design that makes it funtional without shock sord or gaps.
    My shouders were warm as I laid and read for a short while. Feet were toasty.
    TQ was my 0º Black Mamba.
    I wore one pair wool socks, one layer of thin fleece pants, insulated shirt and light fleece top. Black Rock Beanie and balaclava on head.
    Would have been warm to 0º or even below without a doubt!
    Use my Superfly tarp over me.
    Whoooooooo Buddy))))))
    Shug

Shug, I'm about to pull the trigger on a hammock purchase. Choices are between the BB XLC or the Amok Draumr 3.0. I'm a stomach sleeper and sometimes sleep on my side. I THINK I might be able to get used to the XLC with enough hang time but shoulder squeeze may be an issue. I'm 6'1" and wear a 44" suit jacket so I'm not tiny. If you were "fitting" me for a hammock knowing that I'm a tummy sleeper, would you rule out the XLC and steer me toward the Amok Draumr?

I promise I won't hold you responsible! I'm comfortable with selling my new hammock and purchasing the other if it isn't a good fit. I'm quite torn between the two options.

Thankee mucho!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by tcar0341 View Post
    Shug, I'm about to pull the trigger on a hammock purchase. Choices are between the BB XLC or the Amok Draumr 3.0. I'm a stomach sleeper and sometimes sleep on my side. I THINK I might be able to get used to the XLC with enough hang time but shoulder squeeze may be an issue. I'm 6'1" and wear a 44" suit jacket so I'm not tiny. If you were "fitting" me for a hammock knowing that I'm a tummy sleeper, would you rule out the XLC and steer me toward the Amok Draumr?

I promise I won't hold you responsible! I'm comfortable with selling my new hammock and purchasing the other if it isn't a good fit. I'm quite torn between the two options.

Thankee mucho!!!

I'm not Shug, but why not meet somewhere in the middle and try the Ridgerunner?

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
    I'm not Shug, but why not meet somewhere in the middle and try the Ridgerunner?
    250 lb weight limit.

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    250 lb weight limit.

Ahhh I see. I have owned an XLC and do own an amok. The amok is super comfy, but heavy and you rely on a pad. If you don't care about weight, and are under 6 '1 or so, the amok is awesome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape

Thankee mucho!!!

I'm sure the Amok is great but every time I see it I think about how it looks like a novelty hammock. I can't imagine an Amok being my baseline hammock experience. Then again I'm a gathered end hammock kind of guy.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Thankee mucho!!!

All I can say is you can get very flat in the AMOK for stomach sleeping. But I'm not a stomach sleeper so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DuctTapeMessiah View Post
    I'm sure the Amok is great but every time I see it I think about how it looks like a novelty hammock. I can't imagine an Amok being my baseline hammock experience. Then again I'm a gathered end hammock kind of guy.

It is at least something new and inventive in the hammock world.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    All I can say is you can get very flat in the AMOK for stomach sleeping. But I'm not a stomach sleeper so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Good stuff, Shug! Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape

Yes, sir. The fact that someone could come up with a new spin on an ago old idea is impressive on its own. I wouldn't mind having one but it's really far down my list of items I would buy for $300

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast