Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher40 View Post
    Yes, that's the plan
    So I am thinking of meeting you at start and heading off together. If I am slowing you down or am not keen on the weather I always have the ability to turn around. Hitching a ride back to start would be great but it looks like a portion of Saturday and all day Sunday is open so I might simply get to the end and turn around. 24 miles spread over 3 days. I am looking at the Northville-Placid trail for Spring so this would be a good work up. Watching the weather...

May put a food/fuel cache around Blueberry Hill.

jh

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I wish I could join you. I've really wanted to do that trail, but I'm not really a winter hiker and I don't have much for winter gear. If you're looking for someone to go on a trip with during 3 season time, give me a shout. I'm always looking for someone to do a trip with! Oh, and welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow 20/Lynx
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly straps
    Yes, that's the plan, though I have never been to that parking area, so I am unsure how much space there is (plan was to figure it out when I got there)
    There's room for a half dozen cars. There is a nice campsite on the west side of the trail just into the woods at the south end of Teeter Pond. Fire circle, lots of trees, etc. The parking area at the north end of the pond is much larger than the one on Parmenter Rd. at the north end of the trail and is only about a half mile from that campsite if people came in late. The caveat is that section of Seneca Rd. is dirt and rough. If there is any kind of snow it would be difficult to get in there (although there is almost no snow on the ground here right now).

Hammock
    Hardline 11ft
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    JacksrBetter
    Suspension
    Dutch bling
    Following this, definitely interested and would also be interested in a Friday-Sunday weather pending.

Was hoping to find a hang on lake placid trail within the next week or two but found this and not too familiar with the area.

Hammock
    Homemade!
    Tarp
    Winter 12 orange
    Insulation
    Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroca17 View Post
    Following this, definitely interested and would also be interested in a Friday-Sunday weather pending.

Was hoping to find a hang on lake placid trail within the next week or two but found this and not too familiar with the area.
    We would love to have you come along and if you wanted to continue into Sunday you could check out a few of the other trails in the Finger Lakes National Forest or even continue down toward the Finger Lakes Trail.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    if you wanted to continue into Sunday.
    Or I am thinking of hiking trail both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Keroca17 View Post
    find a hang on lake placid trail
    I am looking at that trail too, but I believe it is well buried in snow now. I asked a few people and they said it was hit and miss even for April. Of course, if snowhoes are your thing you'd be in a happy place. I'm happy to bring the Northville Lake Placid trail guide if you wish to chat about it along the way with this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas918 View Post
    I'm not really a winter hiker and I don't have much for winter gear.
    Atlas I plan on using a Jarbidge 3 Season, Dutch Summer Sock, and reputable winter tarp. I can loan you the same equipment if you wish. The temps are pretty wacky of late, we really have no idea what to expect but for me this trail is close enough that if the 3 day forcast is nasty I can pass on it. Heck, close enough I can even radio main base for minivan extraction. ;<) With that I am using a 0F Synthetic Mummy and carry an escape lite bivvy as back up

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE 3S TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Hey Guys and Gals. I am relatively new to the forums, and I haven't met anyone yet so I thought I would send out an invite to see if anyone from Western, NY would like to join me for an over-niter in the Finger Lakes National Forest.

The trip will be Friday afternoon (Feb 17th) until Saturday afternoon (Feb 18th). We will be doing the whole interloken trail from north to south.

I look forward to possibly meeting some of you!

http://www.cnyhiking.com/InterlokenTrail.htm
    Hey Preacher,

I can't make the trip, but I am literally right down the road from you in Palmyra. Love the Interloken Trail, hopefully I can catch up with you on the next one.

-Pete

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Atlas I plan on using a Jarbidge 3 Season, Dutch Summer Sock, and reputable winter tarp. I can loan you the same equipment if you wish. The temps are pretty wacky of late, we really have no idea what to expect but for me this trail is close enough that if the 3 day forcast is nasty I can pass on it. Heck, close enough I can even radio main base for minivan extraction. ;<) With that I am using a 0F Synthetic Mummy and carry an escape lite bivvy as back up
    I guess it just depends on the temps. I have a AHE 3 season Owyhee and Jarbidge. I could probably put a pad between the 2 layers of my Blackbird, and then bundle up for bed. Maybe combo that with the hot water bottle.

I only have a Warbonnet Edge. I lack a winter tarp. Perhaps the boss will approve a Superfly or a UGQ Winter Dream for me.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Homemade!
    Tarp
    Winter 12 orange
    Insulation
    Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by JPFREEK View Post
    Hey Preacher,

I can't make the trip, but I am literally right down the road from you in Palmyra. Love the Interloken Trail, hopefully I can catch up with you on the next one.

-Pete
    I will look forward to it! :-)

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas918 View Post
    Superfly
    Ordered mine today. Not sure if it will arrive in time, if it does I have a Noah 12 available. 2+lbs but it will keep the wind off you (or me if the Superfly does not show - there was a 1-2 week lead time on it so I do not expect it).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast