Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images

Question What have I missed?

Hey folks! I have not been on here in quite some time and I was just wondering... Has anybody reinvented the wheel? I am sure there is so much new information/innovation but I have no idea where to start.

So... What has been going on the last few years?
    I missed this place.

Thanks!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Welcome back, I have only been hanging @ 2 yrs. now, so everything was new to me @ hanging and DIY projects. Never will I return to the ground now that I have found hammocks. All kinds of new materials and suspension aids and many trip reports. HLFL

Images
    Hammock suspension has a few new ideas (and old ones recycled) - Kevlar and Dyneema tree straps, yet more Dutch titanium bling, mule tape, loop aliens, hardware free options.
    There is a bit of a fuss about new ways to hang your underquilt - Warbonnet's Wooki, using shockcord clews instead of primary/secondary suspension.
    RSBTR is pushing on with printed fabrics.

--
    Gadget

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Clews in DIY. chameleon and beetles in Dutch. tacBlades has some new soft shackle ideas among other things. faux Baffles on Costco Down Throw (CDT) in DIY. Wookie in Warbonnet with talk of new products coming soon. OutdoorInk in Ripstop. New colors possibly coming to arrowhead. Big Guy bridge in DIY and JustBill's website thisgearsforyou.com maybe even the Ariel bridge from Grizz depending on how long you have been gone. One of my favorites is old at this point but xenon wide SilNylon from Dutch.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The wheel has more colors, more styles, more bling. You can hang your wheel on stands that continue to be tweaked and keep it warm with new TQs, UQs, UQPs,.... If your wheel has a pet, you can keep the bugs off in a Pet Palace. If you like titanium bugs, Dutch has beetles, wasps, flyz, stingerz, and spiders that can be consumed by his new Chameleon. But as they say often around here, "WYOW" (Wheel your own Wheel). Have fun reading!

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    The first thing I noticed when I got back was the clews on the diy underquilt. That sounds like a fantastic idea. Thanks to all of you for giving me a direction. I have an unfinished underquilt that I might try to fit with clews next week. Thanks alot!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

• + New Posts