Thread: One Last Thing

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

One Last Thing

So with the Chameleon entering the picture, it seems like there is only one piece of kit still not available at Dutchware, a Top Quilt.

Dutch, have you considered offering a HG TQ? My hope is that there is a Chameleon Coat system in the works. Something designed to specifically work with the Chameleon and its D-rings.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    At some point we will have a top quilt on our site but it would worry me to fasten it to the d rings. I would roll over and rip them right off.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    So with the Chameleon entering the picture, it seems like there is only one piece of kit still not available at Dutchware, a Top Quilt.

Dutch, have you considered offering a HG TQ? My hope is that there is a Chameleon Coat system in the works. Something designed to specifically work with the Chameleon and its D-rings.
    Not sure I see the benefit of attaching a TQ to the Drings of a hammock. As Dutch said, I would prob rip the attachment points off. Besides, I like to have the TQ move with me. Being all wrapped up in the downy goodness is a highlight of every cold morning for me.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Ahh, makes sense. I never thought about rolling over, because when I am in my Dutch hammock I sleep like a rock. A lighter than air and downy soft rock, mind you.

Glad to know the Top Quilt hasn't been forgotten. It's the next piece for my upgrade. To me a good TQ or UQ are your best dollar investment. I have upgraded hammocks and suspensions about three times and in the same period of time I am still on my awesome 3/4 length Hammock Gear UQ and have no plans to switch it out. And with all the colors and awesome fabrics Dutch offers, I think this may be just the thing to finally get Dutch into the Smithsonian. Of course I fully get if he just goes with carrying Hammock gear quilts as there isn't much you could do to improve on them.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I could see attaching a length of shock cord from a ring to the quilt to keep the darn thing in the hammock with me, mine tend to drop out for some reason. Mostly when I'm layering them for colder weather...

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    I could see attaching a length of shock cord from a ring to the quilt to keep the darn thing in the hammock with me, mine tend to drop out for some reason. Mostly when I'm layering them for colder weather...
    That was my thinking, as well. I occasionally lose the foot end over the side, have thought about putting a single grosgrain loop right in the middle of the footbox that could be tethered to the hammock somehow. That way, it wouldn't interfere with flopping around (which I tend to do).
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Wow, great idea. I have the same problem. big and fluffy to me equals slips out of my hammock all the time. I had something similar with my down pillow so I could hook it to the ridgeline so it wouldn't slide. After about 12 hangs the elastic flat thread thingy tore out of the pillow. I would recommend having it on some kind of break away clip like with neck ID lanyards so it would give way before damaging equipment. Maybe shock cord to the D-ring at the bow (farthest foot end) of a Chameleon. Enough to keep it from falling out but still allow free rotation for tossing and turning. I am assuming there is a bow/stern D-ring for the peak loft or you could alternatively just attach it to the ridgeline on a prussik.

Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Break...-/360667538350

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Yeah, this is why I really prefer wide fabric hammocks. The extra bit really helps me keep the TQ in if I go with a netless gathered end. You may want to try a Knotty mod.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    So perhaps when Dutch offers a Topquilt it might have a D-ring (probably just a grosgrain loop would do) at the foot end for securing it inside the hammock? And maybe one at the head end to secure one's pillow? Or nightcap? Or those funky eye covers like Mr. Kincaid used to wear in the Partridge Family? "Come on get happy!"

• + New Posts