Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by theck View Post
    That's KS pricing too, typically you sell them a bit lower than your retail price for the campaign. Wonder what the retail of them is going to be?
    That's actually the retail price I calculated. I simply subtracted the $55 suspension from the $270 complete kit. I have a good idea/estimate of each individual item's price too.

Soon enough, these things are going to cost more than a US-made baffled quilt full of 900FP goody!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by theck View Post
    Doesn't the sparrow fix the zipper issue? Wonder if you can get a sparrow/Raven combo?
    Call it the "Rarrow." And yes, it must be pronounced in a Scooby-Doo voice

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I am reviving this thread for any more current thoughts. I already own a Sparrow and let’s be honest I’ll probably end up with a chameleon. But just seeing if anyone has any current opinions since the chameleon has been out for a year now.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    I am reviving this thread for any more current thoughts. I already own a Sparrow and let’s be honest I’ll probably end up with a chameleon. But just seeing if anyone has any current opinions since the chameleon has been out for a year now.
    Why do you want a Cameleon? Don’t you like your Sparrow? Just curious! I fell that everything is customizable on the Sparrow therefore more chances of getting exactly what you want. Craftsmanship is great on both.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    I am reviving this thread for any more current thoughts...just seeing if anyone has any current opinions since the chameleon has been out for a year now.
    Still love all 3 of mine; looking forward to continuing to add new components to the system. So far, there is nothing my Chameleon hasn't been able to do -- and do it well...

The Sparrow, a truly fine landmark hammock, is not the Dream Hammock model after which I lust. I am in love with the Darien, and want one for my stable some day; it does one thing extremely well -- and that's what I like about it...
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 01-31-2018 at 18:37.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post
    Why do you want a Cameleon? Don’t you like your Sparrow? Just curious! I fell that everything is customizable on the Sparrow therefore more chances of getting exactly what you want. Craftsmanship is great on both.
    I like my Sparrow, and got it all customized $$$. I also am far from needing another hammock. I have a slew of them and more DIYs in the future. In fact my DIYs are usually the ones that I take on trips most of the time. I just really like the concept of the chameleon being so modular. The side car may have sold me honestly. I had an XLC, and loved the shelf. The hammock ended up being to much fiddle factor for me, but I have found no other storage option I prefer more than the shelf.

I also like the fact that I can buy piece by piece as new things come out or the demands of various trips change. The stuff will just fit right in.

Also I have a problem with Dutch stuff. But hey it could be cocain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    well, if you're new to hammocks you might not know which way you naturally migrate in the hammock as far as which side you put your head and feet. the chameleon would be good for that. you can lay in it either way. most folks will naturally lay either head to the left of midline or to the right and your feet toward the opposite side so you are at an angle in the hammock. this allows you to lie flat and not banana shaped with head and feet elevated. it seems most people sleep with their head on the opposite side of their dominant hand. like, if you're right handed, you'll likely have your head on the left so the right side of your body has more room toward the middle of the hammock. that's not a hard rule though. the sparrow is designed so you have it built the way you naturally lay in a hammock, either head left or right.
    I am brand new to hammock camping, and just have an ENO right now, but wanting to upgrade. The reason you stated above is why I am looking specifically at the Chameleon because I am not sure which way I will tend to lay but like the idea of having the versatility to change it if my preference changes after trying both directions.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I have a sparrow, and the chameleon wasn't out yet when I got my first 4 season hammock. If I were buying my first hammock today, it would probably be the chameleon. That said, I do love my custom 11 ft 4 season sparrow. It is ideally suited for car/canoe camping as it is just toooooo much weight as a hiking hammock. I am a big boy (280lb), so I can't really ever have a hammock made of UL fabrics, but I think i could probably get something lighter than what I have right now at 56 oz. all up weight including bugnet, 10' strap/biner suspension bishop bag and 1.0 oz robic overcover...I also had a 1.0 robic underquilt protector made by the Smurfs. I'll have to weigh that later, but that was only bought to use in case I ever go on a frozen butt hang.

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD WH, WB TF
    Insulation
    HG econ 20/40
    Suspension
    Dutch straps+BB
    Quote Originally Posted by LC0307 View Post
    I am brand new to hammock camping, and just have an ENO right now, but wanting to upgrade. The reason you stated above is why I am looking specifically at the Chameleon because I am not sure which way I will tend to lay but like the idea of having the versatility to change it if my preference changes after trying both directions.
    This is exactly why I went with the Chameleon, I didn't really know which way I wanted to lie. I've been extremely happy with mine

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast